New app: Prioritize

Ian Denhardt

Jan 3, 2022, 6:08:42 PM1/3/22
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I just pushed the first release of a new app to the app market (still in
experimental for now):

https://apps.sandstorm.io/app/nut9xv0zcc4x92udcu9mwrp661xps9ecdtjaffnev34yn2ussvz0?experimental=true

It's a very basic task tracker, but designed for recurring tasks which
have somewhat flexible deadlines -- things like remembering to clean the
microwave periodically. The idea is, you specify how often something
should happen, and it shows you tasks that are due, ordered by how long
it has been since they were due. Especially when I've fallen behind on
things, it's nice to have the app tell me which things are most in need
of attention.

There's also a "quadratic" urgeny option, which lets you have certain
tasks float to the top more quickly for things that are more problematic
to let sit.

Try it out, let me know what you think. Hopefully it's helpful to others
as well.

-Ian

Dan Krol

Jan 3, 2022, 6:36:13 PM1/3/22
to Ian Denhardt, Sandstorm-dev
Interesting thing to tackle. I feel like recurring tasks have their own special dynamic. Like if I miss it once I don't want two reminders later.

Ian Denhardt

Jan 3, 2022, 7:22:53 PM1/3/22
to Dan Krol, Sandstorm-dev
Quoting Dan Krol (2022-01-03 18:36:01)

> Interesting thing to tackle. I feel like recurring tasks have their own
> special dynamic. Like if I miss it once I don't want two reminders
> later.

Yeah, it won't reset the clock until you tell it you did the task, so it
hits that criterion.

-Ian

Ian Denhardt

Jan 3, 2022, 7:23:40 PM1/3/22
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
In case anyone actually set this up in the past hour, I discovered I'd
introduced a regression shortly before release, which is now fixed in
0.1.1.

Quoting Ian Denhardt (2022-01-03 18:05:59)

Jacob Weisz

Jan 3, 2022, 7:37:29 PM1/3/22
to sandst...@googlegroups.com
As a note, I've been playing with this a bit while it was in development, and it is presently one of my most used grains.

--
Jacob Weisz
goo...@jacobweisz.com
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sandstorm-dev/164125566259.72751.16023176190897434153%40localhost.localdomain.

Jake W

Jan 4, 2022, 1:32:16 AM1/4/22
to Sandstorm Development
I went ahead and approved 0.1.1 to the main market, and I realized that means I broke the link in Ian's post (sorry), so you can find this here now: https://apps.sandstorm.io/app/nut9xv0zcc4x92udcu9mwrp661xps9ecdtjaffnev34yn2ussvz0