A thought for every day

Jerry McBride

Aug 17, 2021, 1:39:40 AM8/17/21
to San Mateo Quaker Worship Group
Dear Friends,

A great reminder for me. How about you?

If in our daily life we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is the most basic kind of peace work.

THICH NHAT HANH

Linda Fuson Stone

Aug 17, 2021, 7:41:26 PM8/17/21
to Jerry McBride, San Mateo Quaker Worship Group
I DO like his perspective!

Cheers,
     Linda

Tom & Sandy Farley

Aug 18, 2021, 2:29:25 AM8/18/21
to san-mateo-quake...@googlegroups.com
If only negative vibes didn't put me on edge...so that I respond poorly.

Sandy

On 8/17/21 4:41 PM, 'Linda Fuson Stone' via San Mateo Quaker Worship
Group wrote:
> I DO like his perspective!
>
> Cheers,
>      Linda
>
> On Aug 16, 2021, at 22:39, 'Jerry McBride' via San Mateo Quaker Worship
> Group <san-mateo-quake...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> Dear Friends,
>
> A great reminder for me. How about you?
>
> If in our daily life we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not
> only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is the most basic kind
> of peace work.
>
> THICH NHAT HANH

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/san-mateo-quaker-worship-group/F1D5EA25-BC63-4B86-9AAD-97739D606965%40yahoo.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/san-mateo-quaker-worship-group/F1D5EA25-BC63-4B86-9AAD-97739D606965%40yahoo.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Adrina Phipps

Aug 18, 2021, 9:24:40 AM8/18/21
to Jerry McBride, San Mateo Quaker Worship Group
Thank you for this reminder.

~~Adrina

Jerry McBride

Aug 18, 2021, 3:46:42 PM8/18/21
to san-mateo-quake...@googlegroups.com, Tom & Sandy Farley
Sandy,

I think that is the point of our spiritual practice -- to help us to get beyond that. Easier said than done, of course.

Yours in joy and peace,

Jerry

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/san-mateo-quaker-worship-group/5dfa3d90-54dc-7226-4bbf-36d9b9c8abd7%40spont.com.