cypari ?

Thierry Dumont

Sep 8, 2022, 2:59:12 AM9/8/22
to sage-release
When trying to compile 9.7 rc1 on Debian testing (up to date):

-Some packages are installed, but not detected by the make command.
Example: 4ti2. I mean: 4ti2 is installed, used when building sage, but
make emits a message (you should install...).

-Also : make does not detect that cypari (the actual name of the deb is
python3-cypari2) is not installed (but other pari packages are
installed, and detected).

All this does not seem very important.
t.d.

Dima Pasechnik

Sep 8, 2022, 7:22:58 AM9/8/22
to sage-release
On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 7:59 AM Thierry Dumont
<tdu...@math.univ-lyon1.fr> wrote:

> When trying to compile 9.7 rc1 on Debian testing (up to date):
>
> -Some packages are installed, but not detected by the make command.
> Example: 4ti2. I mean: 4ti2 is installed, used when building sage, but
> make emits a message (you should install...).

4ti2's dependencies must come from the system too: namely, gmp, glpk, zlib.
There are also more checks performed (such as testing if one can link
a C++ program with 4ti2 library). Have a look in config.log for the
reason the system 4ti2 is rejected.

> -Also : make does not detect that cypari (the actual name of the deb is
> python3-cypari2) is not installed (but other pari packages are
> installed, and detected).

we're not yet able to deal with Python packages from the system, so
they are skipped.

Packages which can potentially come from the system are distinguished
by presense of spkg-configure.m4
in build/pkgs/<package>/

Dima