libpari-tls and docbuild

Dima Pasechnik

Aug 6, 2019, 9:59:13 AM8/6/19
to sage-packaging
Is it only me on
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/28242 having a problem running docbuild with tls-enabled libpari (the one shipped by Debian), or this is a common problem?

Thanks
Dima

François Bissey

Aug 6, 2019, 3:53:47 PM8/6/19
to sage-pa...@googlegroups.com
I’ll do a test run later today. But I am fairly sure there was issues when it was
enabled in debian. But I thought they had pushed for a patch in vanilla sage.
May be I am wrong.

François

Antonio Rojas

Aug 6, 2019, 4:53:19 PM8/6/19
to sage-packaging
El martes, 6 de agosto de 2019, 9:59:13 (UTC-4), Dima Pasechnik escribió:
Is it only me on
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/28242 having a problem running docbuild with tls-enabled libpari (the one shipped by Debian), or this is a common problem?

E. Madison Bray

Aug 12, 2019, 7:03:20 AM8/12/19
to sage-packaging
Just saw this thread. I was also going to point out the same ticket.
But to provide a follow-up I did find the reason for this behavior.
To put it simply, the fact is that Sage's `Pari` instance is not safe
to use new threads:

https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/26608#comment:40

This doesn't have an easy solution, but I am working on a work-around
that will solve the problem at least for the Sage docbuild (which
happens to use threads, currently, but doesn't have to...)