Teaching with Sagemath

David Coudert

Oct 6, 2021, 11:17:55 AM10/6/21
to sage-devel
Dear all,

a colleague asks me if we have examples of notebooks for teaching introduction to graph theory with sagemath.
I found this page that is clearly outdated https://wiki.sagemath.org/Teaching_with_SAGE

If you are aware of some accessible material, please let me know.

Best,
David.

David Joyner

Oct 6, 2021, 11:50:46 AM10/6/21
to sage-devel
There is some sage code included in these lecture notes:
https://yetanothermathblog.com/2018/04/01/calculus-on-graphs/

> Best,
> David.

Dima Pasechnik

Oct 6, 2021, 1:41:02 PM10/6/21
to sage-devel
There is
  • Title Algorithmic Graph Theory
  • Authors David Joyner, Minh Van Nguyen, Nathann Cohen
  • Publisher: Google (Last draft on May 10, 2013)
  • License(s): GNU GPL v2
see

It's not clear to me why this is not linked in the wiki.

David Coudert

Oct 7, 2021, 5:14:21 AM10/7/21
to sage-devel
Thank you !

E. Madison Bray

Oct 8, 2021, 11:20:07 AM10/8/21
to sage-devel
Hello,

I don't know at what level it should be, I have a notebook here
introducing some *very basic* use of graphs in Sage:
https://github.com/gabayae/sage-days-102/blob/master/intro_to_graph_theory.ipynb
It's less an introduction to graph theory (in a pedagogical sense)
but more an introduction of how to construct and work with graphs in
Sage.