sabre-xml-atom not compatible with Sabre\XML 2.0.0

dandy.w...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2017, 3:09:11 PM1/3/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
Hi Evert,

I have to write a custom XML deserializer and wanted to learn from and build on your sample ATOM implemenation on GitHub and Packagist .

Unfortunately, sabre-xml-atom is not compatible with the latest version of Sabre\XML, version 2.0.0. Here's the message I get from composer when I try to install Sabre-XML-Atom (I am running on PHP 7.0.4 and sabre\xml 2.0.0):

composer require sabre/xml-atom

Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1

- Installation request for sabre/xml-atom ^0.1.0 -> satisfiable by sabre/xml-atom[0.1.0].

- sabre/xml-atom 0.1.0 requires sabre/xml ^1.4.0 -> satisfiable by sabre/xml[1.4.0, 1.4.1, 1.4.2, 1.4.x-dev, 1.5.0, 1.5.x-dev] but these conflict with your requirements or minimum-stability.

Installation failed, reverting ./composer.json to its original content.

Would you be able to make your Atom sample implementation compatible with Sabre\XML 2.0.0.? A working reference implementation would be extremely useful for building a custom XML deserializer.

Thanks,
Christoph

Evert Pot

Jan 3, 2017, 6:36:52 PM1/3/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
I just release sabre/xml-atom 0.2.0 which requires sabre/xml 2 and php 7. No real changes were needed thankfully. Hope it helps!

Evert

dandy.w...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2017, 3:50:49 PM1/4/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
Hi Evert,

thanks for the quick solution. I was able to download the updated package from GitHub and got it to work (however, I am still not able to install it via Composer - same error message as before).

I am looking at your sabre\xml-atom reference implementation now. I may be mistaken, but as far as I can see you are parsing either (1)  the values or (2) the attributes of elements. For exmpale:

(1) Value of an element
<title ">dive into mark</title>

...where "dive into mark" is the value of the "title" element

(2) Attribute of an element

<link rel="alternate" type="text/html"

hreflang="en" href="http://example.org/"/>

// where "http://example.org/" is the "href" attribute of the "link" element.

However, as far as I can see you are not parsing both (1) the VALUE and (2) all ATTRIBUTES of the same singular element. For example:

<title type="text">dive into mark</title>

// where "dive into mark" is the value of the "title" element and "text" is the "type" attribute of the "title" element.

I may miss the point somewhere, but that's my impression when I'm looking at "reading-test1.php" of your sabre/xml-atom package.

How can you parse both the value and the attributes of the same element?

Thanks!
Christoph

Evert Pot

Jan 4, 2017, 8:31:47 PM1/4/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
It depends a bit on what you are trying to parse it into. If your only goal is to get a PHP array, you can simply not map the title element. The default structure sabre/xml always give you for that element is this:

[
"name" => "title",
"value" => "dive into mark",
"attributes" => ["type" => "text"]
]

It's only when you use one of the default 'deserializers' that you get different structures. In the sabre/xml-atom example there's two major ones used:

1. The valueObject mapper, which is a standard sabre/xml built-in one that maps PHP classes and properties to XML elements and child elements.
2. An attributeReader/attributeWriter which in the case of sabre/xml-atom is a custom one.

So if you have an xml tag that you want to extract both an attribute and a value from, and you hypothetically would want to map that to a PHP class like this:

class Title {

    public $title;
    public $value;

}

The correct sabre/xml solution is to write a custom parser like this:

$server->elementMap['{myNamespace}title'] = function($reader) {
    $result = new Title();
    $result->type = $reader->getAttribute('type');
    $result->value = $reader->readText();
    $reader->next();
    return $result;
};

dandy.w...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2017, 3:33:45 PM1/5/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
Thanks for your explanation. However, somehow I can't get it to work.

This is my adoption for your xml-atom parser.

feed.php

class Feed {

public $subtitle;

}

class Subtitle {

public $type;

public $value;

}

service.php

        $this
->mapValueObject($atom . 'subtitle', Element\Subtitle::class);

        $this
->elementMap[$atom . 'Subtitle'] = function($reader) {
           $result
= new Subtitle();

           $result
->type = $reader->getAttribute('type');
           $result
->value = $reader->readText();
           $reader
->next();

return $result;

};

However, I only get a blank result:

[subtitle] => Sabre\Xml\Atom\Element\Subtitle Object

(

[type] =>

[value] =>

)

what am I doing wrong?

dandy.w...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2017, 3:34:43 PM1/5/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
btw. I am trying to parse the following element:

 <subtitle type="html">
   A &lt;em&gt;lot&lt;/em&gt; of effort
   went into making this effortless

</subtitle>

Evert Pot

Jan 5, 2017, 4:16:16 PM1/5/17
to sabredav...@googlegroups.com
There's a few issues left:

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017, at 03:33 PM, dandy.w...@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for your explanation. However, somehow I can't get it to work.
>
> This is my adoption for your xml-atom parser.
>
> *feed.php*
>
> class Feed {
>
> public $subtitle;
>
> }
>
> class Subtitle {
>
> public $type;
> public $value;
>
> }
>

> *service.php*
>
> $this->mapValueObject($atom . 'subtitle',
> Element\Subtitle::class);
>
> $this->elementMap[$atom . 'Subtitle'] = function($reader) {
> $result = new Subtitle();
> $result->type = $reader->getAttribute('type');
> $result->value = $reader->readText();
> $reader->next();
> return $result;
> };
>

> However, I only get a blank result:
>
> [subtitle] => Sabre\Xml\Atom\Element\Subtitle Object
> (
> [type] =>
> [value] =>
> )
>

> what am I doing wrong?

You are registering the 'subtitle' element as BOTH a valueObject as well
as in the elementMap. You can only do one. valueObject internally uses
the elementMap.

You only need to change 2 things:

1. Remove this line: $this->mapValueObject($atom . 'subtitle',
Element\Subtitle::class);

Fix the capitalization of 'subtitle' in this line:

$this->elementMap[$atom . 'Subtitle'] = function($reader) {

Evert

dandy.w...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2017, 5:47:42 PM1/5/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
Thanks Evert, but for some reason it still doesn' work.

I have removed this line:   $this->mapValueObject($atom . 'subtitle', Element\Subtitle::class);
I have also fixed the capitalisation of subtitle.

Here's what I've got now:

feed.php

class Feed {

//....

public $subtitle;

}

class Subtitle {

public $type;

public $value;

}

Service.php

// atom:subtitle
        $this
->elementMap[$atom . 'subtitle'] = function($reader) {

           $result
= new Subtitle();
           $result
->type = $reader->getAttribute('type');
           $result
->value = $reader->readText();
           $reader
->next();

return $result;

};

However, this returns the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Sabre\Xml\Atom\Subtitle' not found in /home/he052rz5/www/home/sabre-xml-atom/lib/Service.php:94 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Sabre\Xml\Atom\Service->Sabre\Xml\Atom\{closure}(Object(Sabre\Xml\Reader)) #1 /home/he052rz5/www/home/vendor/sabre/xml/lib/Reader.php(229): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Object(Sabre\Xml\Reader)) #2 /home/he052rz5/www/home/vendor/sabre/xml/lib/Deserializer/functions.php(190): Sabre\Xml\Reader->parseCurrentElement() #3 /home/he052rz5/www/home/vendor/sabre/xml/lib/Service.php(220): Sabre\Xml\Deserializer\valueObject(Object(Sabre\Xml\Reader), 'Sabre\\Xml\\Atom\\...', 'http://www.w3.o...') #4 [internal function]: Sabre\Xml\Service->Sabre\Xml\{closure}(Object(Sabre\Xml\Reader)) #5 /home/he052rz5/www/home/vendor/sabre/xml/lib/Reader.php(229): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Object(Sabre\Xml\Reader)) #6 /home/he052rz5/www/home/vendor/sabre/xml/lib/Reader.php(71): Sabre\Xml\Reader->parseCurrentElement() #7 /home/he052rz5/www/home/vendor/sabre/xml/lib/Service.php in /home/he052rz5/www/home/sabre-xml-atom/lib/Service.php on line 94

Line 94 in Service.php is this one: $result = new Subtitle();

For your reference, I am also attaching the complete feed.php and Service.php files.

Thanks for your help!

atom_test.zip

m...@evertpot.com

Jan 5, 2017, 6:09:27 PM1/5/17
to sabredav...@googlegroups.com
At this point you should learn how PHP namespaces work. This goes a bit beyond the support I can offer you...

dandy.w...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2017, 2:41:21 AM1/6/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
Got it, the class 'Subtitle' is defined in the 'Sabre\Xml\Atom\Element\' namespace, but Service.php works in the 'Sabre\Xml\Atom\' namespace. So all I had to do was add the 'Element\' namespace:

        // atom:subtitle
        $this
->elementMap[$atom . 'subtitle'] = function($reader) {

           $result
= new Element\Subtitle();

           $result
->type = $reader->getAttribute('type');
           $result
->value = $reader->readText();
           $reader
->next();

return $result;

};

which produces:

    [subtitle] => Sabre\Xml\Atom\Element\Subtitle Object
        (
            [type] => html
            [value] =>
   A lot of effort