other css design framework like bootstrap

mukul saharia

Aug 8, 2013, 4:00:00 PM8/8/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
hello friends,
i am using twitter bootstrap css designing framwork.. is there other framework like bootstrap.. please suggest.....

Dave Aronson

Aug 8, 2013, 5:30:12 PM8/8/13
On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM, mukul saharia <mukul....@gmail.com> wrote:

> i am using twitter bootstrap css designing framwork.. is there other
> framework like bootstrap.. please suggest.....

There are plenty. Off the top of my head, though I might be
misunderstanding what some of these are:

- Compass
- Bourbon
- Zurb Foundation

Google "CSS Framework" and you'll probably come up with more.

-Dave

--
Dave Aronson, the T. Rex of Codosaurus LLC,
secret-cleared freelance software developer

Robert Walker

Aug 9, 2013, 12:01:51 AM8/9/13
Dave Aronson wrote in post #1118150:
> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM, mukul saharia <mukul....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> i am using twitter bootstrap css designing framwork.. is there other
>> framework like bootstrap.. please suggest.....
>
> There are plenty. Off the top of my head, though I might be
> misunderstanding what some of these are:
>
> - Compass
> - Bourbon
> - Zurb Foundation

I've started experimenting with Zurb Foundation. What attracted me to it
over bootstrap was that Foundation is built on top of SASS rather than
LESS, but otherwise the two frameworks are really similar. It just seems
to me that there maybe slightly less friction using Foundation with
Rails given both already depend (or rather are integrated with) SASS.

http://foundation.zurb.com

Timothy Venn

Aug 8, 2013, 4:03:45 PM8/8/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Try Zurb foundation

Regards

Tim

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM, mukul saharia <mukul....@gmail.com> wrote:
hello friends,
i am using twitter bootstrap css designing framwork.. is there other framework like bootstrap.. please suggest.....

David Gustafson

Aug 8, 2013, 11:45:45 PM8/8/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
This one is based on sass

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM, mukul saharia <mukul....@gmail.com> wrote:
hello friends,
i am using twitter bootstrap css designing framwork.. is there other framework like bootstrap.. please suggest.....

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
        -- Voltaire