Montrose rally

Steve Smith

Jul 12, 2021, 1:50:05 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
To everyone that is heading to Montrose this weekend,

Annette and I are looking forward to seeing you guys in person again. It should be a great time as always.

For anyone who is interested in doing a bit of dirt road riding while out here, I’ll volunteer to lead a nice trip to Dolores for lunch. The roads are all easily rideable and aren’t challenging, nothing you couldn’t do in a Subaru. If you have a Tiger, Scrambler, or Explorer then you can manage quite nicely. If you rode with me in 2019 this is much easier.

The return route from Dolores can be CO 145 through the Telluride area or another way that is mixed roads that are not so smooth or paved.

This is an opportunity to ride different roads in the area with little to no traffic. If you’re interested let me know when we meet up on Friday.

One other thing to mention is that we are seeing a lot of smoke in the area from several fires in CO and UT. Not the best for looking at the mountains yet not too heavy at this point.

Have a fantastic and safe trip out here,

Steve

--
Steve

sfr4201

Jul 12, 2021, 2:40:32 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Have 2015 Tiger,awaiting some off-road antics!!!!!

                       E-Steve

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
20210710_195225_resized.jpg

Steve Smith

Jul 12, 2021, 2:41:47 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Bring it, you won’t regret it! At least I certainly hope so.

--
Steve

TK

Jul 12, 2021, 2:52:37 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Wait, English Steve…you are not still holed-up in a pub in the fetal position this morning?!!

Sorry about the game.  Was thinking of you…

Sent from my iPhone

sfr4201

Jul 12, 2021, 2:56:03 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
It is ready to go Steve,looking forward to seeing you and  "Mrs.Smith!

sfr4201

Jul 12, 2021, 2:59:57 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks TK,l am over it.....

Seeing improvement,but still a little way to go....Tell you what,Jordan Pickford was amazing throughout the tourney,hope you and the kids are doing well,take care

Steve Smith

Jul 12, 2021, 3:11:52 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Stiff upper lip, eh? Well if you’re an English football fan then you need thick skin. That also comes in handy for the post game riots!

--
Steve

Al Miller

Jul 12, 2021, 3:46:17 PM7/12/21
to RMRAT
Steve,

In your Montrose adjacent travels, have you been over the Last Dollar Road?

After Montrose, I am taking a day or two to make a loop to the south on the way back to Denver and was thinking of taking this route to Telluride/Mesa Verde.

Al Miller

Steve Smith

Jul 12, 2021, 3:53:41 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com

Al,

I have ridden a nice section of it, from just past Dallas Divide to Sawpit.  It’s a pretty decent road with nothing tough. That said I haven’t taken it all the way to Telluride but I don’t imagine that it’s any worse than what I experienced. I have the CBDR map that you might want to peruse to see where it connects to the section from Telluride to Dolores.

Steve

DAVID WARFIELD

Jul 12, 2021, 5:06:30 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Shmitty,
Have Tiger, Will Travel.
See you soon!

Steve Smith

Jul 12, 2021, 5:07:14 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I’ll be here waiting!

--
Steve

Jim Baker

Jul 12, 2021, 5:46:05 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Steve, I am down for dirt this year ... I decided to buy the ADV I currently own when we were about halfway thru that Mesa cutoff road to Lake City last year.

Jim Baker
Sent via mobile device

Jim Baker

Jul 12, 2021, 5:47:35 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I did last dollar with some friends on motos  earlier this year and really enjoyed it. There’s only one really challenging section.

Jim Baker
Sent via mobile device

On Jul 12, 2021, at 1:46 PM, Al Miller <amill...@gmail.com> wrote:

Steve,

Tomas Rohlander

Jul 12, 2021, 8:05:59 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
After reading all replies I wonder if there will be any street bikes in Montrose this coming weekend!😀🏍

Steve Smith

Jul 12, 2021, 8:08:59 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
After the goat paths I took us on in CA I have no doubt that you could handle these. Of course you might have to go a little slower 🤔

--
Steve

Tomas Rohlander

Jul 12, 2021, 8:25:08 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Maybe I have time to switch to some knobby tires!

Steve Smith

Jul 12, 2021, 9:08:32 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Continental TKC-80s come in the right sizes for FJRs, although I don’t think I’ve ever seen one with a set mounted. You could be the first!

--
Steve

Jim Baker

Jul 12, 2021, 11:42:42 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I am loving my Dunlop trail Max missions.

Jim Baker
Sent via mobile device

ad...@vexingworkshop.com

Jul 12, 2021, 11:44:00 PM7/12/21
to Rmrat
I just bought the same tires for my Explorer this past weekend. Seem good so far.

Jul 12, 2021, 21:42 by eme...@gmail.com:

>>> --
>>>
>> --
>> Steve

sean1881

Jul 12, 2021, 11:48:18 PM7/12/21
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Trailmax are awesome. Just about run out a set. I would definitely buy them again.

Sent from my Galaxy