Riding to Montrose 7/17

Jim Kerick

Jul 13, 2020, 8:05:30 PM7/13/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Are there any groups riding from the Denver area to Montrose on Friday morning?

Jim

Manuel

Jul 14, 2020, 11:09:53 AM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Anyone want to get a group ride together for Montrose on Friday morning?

On Monday, July 13, 2020, 6:05:31 PM MDT, Jim Kerick <jim.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

Are there any groups riding from the Denver area to Montrose on Friday morning?

Jim

Jim Baker

Jul 14, 2020, 12:34:51 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Same question for the southern route ... I was thinking of taking the Cottonwood Pass route this year; anyone want to meet me at Buena Vista or before?

Cheers,

Jim

Norman Wright

Jul 14, 2020, 12:41:16 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Vince Lane who lives in Castle Rock is going through Deckers and meeting me at the Bison Gas Station in Hartsel between 10:15 and 10:30 AM on Friday and then we will proceed down 24 South to Poncha Springs and west on US 50 through Gunnison to Montrose if that appeals to anyone.

sfr4201

Jul 14, 2020, 1:56:00 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Jim

For a change of scenery,thinking of doing the southern route this year.That said,could meet you in the Springs,head west on 24,then go from there.....

Awaiting to hear from "Team Wendl" first though,but will get back to you Jim for sure

                   E-Steve

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Vince M Lane

Jul 14, 2020, 2:51:34 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to leave my house in Castle Rock at 8:00 on Friday morning and take county road 67 out of Sedalia to Deckers and then down to HWY 24 at Woodland Park and west to meet up with Norm in Hartsel around 10:30.  It's great roads all the way to Woodland but there is about 4 to 5 miles of dirt/gravel road on the way to Deckers.  They generally keep it graded and good but no promises.  I'm riding my TBS and will take it easy but it should be fine.  Only downside is it will add 45 minutes to my shine and show prep time.

If anyone is interested you are more than welcome to join me.  Please let me know and I'll get you directions etc. to my house.

Vince

Jul 14, 2020, 3:24:18 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
On the virtual monthly meeting we talked about having a group leave from Morrison Friday morning. The idea was proposed to leave from that coffee shop we left from a few years back, rather than the gas station. That said ... I can't seem to remember the name of that coffee shop. Can someone help me out here?

Dave Tucker

Jul 14, 2020, 3:25:07 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
My two cents before this gets any deeper - The mountains are as packed with more people than I've seen in 24 years. Tons of east coast plates that don't know where they're headed. Came up 285 Sunday at 11am for a few days in Breck, traffic bumper to bumper headed down all the way to Kenosha - BTW construction starts on the east side there on Monday. The reverse will be happening on Friday. I would suggest a 5am departure as braking uphill does not make for a warm and fuzzy ride...

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 12:51 PM Vince M Lane <blcs...@msn.com> wrote:

--
 "No Signature Needed at this Time"

ad...@vexingworkshop.com

Jul 14, 2020, 3:26:27 PM7/14/20
to Rmrat
I'm already worrying about the long ride back on Sunday.

Jul 14, 2020, 13:24 by milehigha...@gmail.com:

> My two cents before this gets any deeper - The mountains are as packed with more people than I've seen in 24 years. Tons of east coast plates that don't know where they're headed. Came up 285 Sunday at 11am for a few days in Breck, traffic bumper to bumper headed down all the way to Kenosha - BTW construction starts on the east side there on Monday. The reverse will be happening on Friday. I would suggest a 5am departure as braking uphill does not make for a warm and fuzzy ride...
>
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 12:51 PM Vince M Lane <> blcs...@msn.com> > wrote:
>
>> I'm going to leave my house in Castle Rock at 8:00 on Friday morning and take county road 67 out of Sedalia to Deckers and then down to HWY 24 at Woodland Park and west to meet up with Norm in Hartsel around 10:30.  It's great roads all the way to Woodland but there is about 4 to 5 miles of dirt/gravel road on the way to Deckers.  They generally keep it graded and good but no promises.  I'm riding my TBS and will take it easy but it should be fine.  Only downside is it will add 45 minutes to my shine and show prep time.
>>
>> If anyone is interested you are more than welcome to join me.  Please let me know and I'll get you directions etc. to my house.
>>
>> Vince

Brian Weberg

Jul 14, 2020, 3:42:15 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Have a great, safe ride. Sorry to miss it.

Brian W.

Jim Baker

Jul 14, 2020, 3:43:07 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Hence my Monday return date :)

ad...@vexingworkshop.com

Jul 14, 2020, 3:43:42 PM7/14/20
to Rmrat
Yeah, if only I had Monday off this year.

Jul 14, 2020, 13:42 by bea...@pobox.com:

> Hence my Monday return date :)
>
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 1:26 PM <> ad...@vexingworkshop.com> > wrote:
>
>> I'm already worrying about the long ride back on Sunday.
>>

>> Jul 14, 2020, 13:24 by >> milehigha...@gmail.com>> :
>>
>> > My two cents before this gets any deeper - The mountains are as packed with more people than I've seen in 24 years. Tons of east coast plates that don't know where they're headed. Came up 285 Sunday at 11am for a few days in Breck, traffic bumper to bumper headed down all the way to Kenosha - BTW construction starts on the east side there on Monday. The reverse will be happening on Friday. I would suggest a 5am departure as braking uphill does not make for a warm and fuzzy ride...

Jim Baker

Jul 14, 2020, 3:54:48 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Tell Trey I said it was OK.  While you're at it, tell Trey to hire me :D

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/MCDqeUe--3-2%40vexingworkshop.com.

Norman Wright

Jul 14, 2020, 5:34:23 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I believe you mean the Blue Cow which is on the south side of the road and there is a gas station right next door for those topping off.

Jim Kerick

Jul 14, 2020, 5:53:25 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Norman,

Do you mean The Cow Eatery
316 Bear Creek Ave
Morrison, CO
80465

Next to a Bradley Petroleum.

Thecoweatery.com

Okay. What time Friday morning. And don't say 5 bloody o'clock.

Jim

Norman Wright

Jul 14, 2020, 6:11:11 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
That's the place we used to traditionally meet but I was not on the call this month.

Robert Wendl

Jul 14, 2020, 6:17:33 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Steve & Jim,

Our current plan is to take Cottonwood Pass. We will be departing Franktown NLT 9:00AM traveling south on 83 to C Springs.

Jim, we should be in Divide around 10:30AM if all goes well. We could meet at the Stop-N-Save like we have in the past.

We're currently planning lunch in Buena Vista at K's Dairy Delite. See detail below. It's next to a park so we can sit out side and Social Distance. Plus there is fuel station next to it and its close to the turn for Cottonwood Pass.

If you want I can provide you a detail route plan and/or a 5 paragraph OPORD.

Buena Vista
K's Dairy Delite
223 US-24, Buena Vista, CO 81211

CPT Bob

sfr4201

Jul 14, 2020, 6:23:07 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Capt.Bob

I am good on meeting Denise and yourself in Franktown on Friday am.Lets make this thing happen!

Sean Donnelly

Jul 14, 2020, 7:28:33 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com

We plan on doing Cottonwood Pass as well, though we plan to go through Pine Junction to Deckers to Woodland Park to Divide and through Hartsell to Buenavista.  Unfortunately, our departure time is up in the air though.  So we may or may not see you all along the way 😊

From: "rm...@googlegroups.com" <rm...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Robert Wendl <radw...@oneimage.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 4:17 PM
To: "rm...@googlegroups.com" <rm...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re[2]: [emrat:12363] Riding to Montrose 7/17

Steve & Jim,

peltz...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2020, 11:14:40 PM7/14/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Bob - I may be able to join you guys in Divide or Buena Vista. Can you send me your detailed route plan?

Sent from Nine

Jul 14, 2020, 11:47:11 PM7/14/20
to RMRAT
I intended to lead a northern Independence Pass ride on Friday morning, but the comments about I-70 traffic are giving me pause for that route.  Will give it some more thought and advise my plan tomorrow night.

Bullet Bob

Jim Baker

Jul 15, 2020, 2:56:18 PM7/15/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Captain.  I will be waiting on you guys at 10:30 in Divide.  I know the gas station you are talking about.

Cheers,

Jim

Chris Peltz

Jul 15, 2020, 3:05:58 PM7/15/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Jim - do you know the address of the gas station in Divide?

Robert Wendl

Jul 15, 2020, 3:17:44 PM7/15/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Chris,

See attached document for my route plan.

Bob Wendl
Franktown to Montrose 2020.docx

Chris Peltz

Jul 15, 2020, 3:20:39 PM7/15/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Roger that. Thank you!

Jim Baker

Jul 15, 2020, 3:47:51 PM7/15/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Indeed:  10 Meadow Park Dr, Divide, CO 80814 ... it's called Stop n Save.

Norman Wright

Jul 15, 2020, 3:50:07 PM7/15/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Brian, you retired for a good reason, get your ass on a bike.  Don't become a collector like some people we know!

Jake Lehner

Jul 15, 2020, 4:22:48 PM7/15/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Jim Kerick ... "The Cow" is indeed the place I was thinking of ... and it was Bullet Bob who had mentioned leaving from there.

I suppose I'll wait to see what he says, otherwise I'll plan to be at The Cow some time around 8 or 830?

Jake

Brian Weberg

Jul 15, 2020, 4:34:12 PM7/15/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Always good to hear your motivational voice, Norm. I'll be in Crested Butte this weekend visiting family.  I'll wave as you all ride (near)by...

Norman Wright

Jul 15, 2020, 5:02:33 PM7/15/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I'm hurt, aren't we your family too?  Just kidding,

Enjoy your time but in my experience, friends are more fun than most of my relatives anyway.

Jim Kerick

Jul 15, 2020, 10:47:41 PM7/15/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jake,

Okay, we call it NLT 8:30 at the Cow.

Anyone else coming along?

Jim K

Brian

Jul 15, 2020, 11:40:08 PM7/15/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I know what you mean, Norm. Fortunately, I married well in that respect. Superior in-laws.

Bullet Bob

Jul 16, 2020, 12:50:22 AM7/16/20
to RMRAT
BB Northern Route on Friday

Jim and Jake,

I know the traffic on I-70 was bad 4th of July weekend, but I am willing to chance it this weekend, so will plan a northern route over Independence and McClure Passes on Friday morning.  The meeting place I proposed is the Launch Espresso coffee shop at 18455 W Colfax ( just south of Avalanche Harley), which is right at I-70, so easy access to get rolling. They have outdoor seating for a coffee before rolling.  It's also right next to a gas station, so easy to top up.  Will plan to roll at about 8:30 and scoot up the frontage road system to avoid most traffic silliness (yes, fingers crossed!).  Will stop for lunch in Carbondale (confirm suitable place tomorrow), then south to McClure and points west.

 I'll be FJ-ing it, so luxury pace planned, might even be two up. Let me know whose interested and if any questions.

Bullet Bob

sfr4201

Jul 16, 2020, 2:07:45 AM7/16/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Bullet Bob

"Luxury Pace" on a FJR?Ahem...........!

                       E-Steve

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Norman Wright

Jul 16, 2020, 11:47:25 AM7/16/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Bob:  I might suggest the Red Rock Dinner

155 CO-133, Carbondale, CO

It is on the right after you make the right turn at the light at 133 off 82 and there is gas right across the street too or gas a short distance west if you don't want the left there..

I've not been there this year but their place leads to easy social distance seating including some outdoor seating.  Food and service are very good and quick.

I'm going the southern route but will see you in Montrose.  Safe travels.

Dave Tucker

Jul 16, 2020, 4:09:52 PM7/16/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
CAPT Bob will look for you and the crew in BV. Been raining in Breck all week, hoping it drys up! Safe travels.

"No Signature Needed at This Time"

Steve Smith

Jul 16, 2020, 6:33:16 PM7/16/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
In case you haven’t heard there’s been an update to the executive order that requires wearing masks in all public spaces in Colorado. Don’t leave home without one.

--
Steve

Jake Lehner

Jul 16, 2020, 6:42:16 PM7/16/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Ok bob I’m down for that plan and the location you suggested. If you decide to change it, post here.

Work for you Jim K?

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 10:50 PM Bullet Bob <rli...@comcast.net> wrote:

Norman Wright

Jul 16, 2020, 7:13:44 PM7/16/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
I live in Summit County and we haven't gotten any rain in 2 weeks until last night after 6:00 PM.  Was beautiful all day today.

Jim Kerick

Jul 16, 2020, 7:13:57 PM7/16/20
to rm...@googlegroups.com
Jake and Bob,
I am shooting to get there in time to tank with gas and caffeine.

-Jim

--
Jim Kerick