Commandline copy "Apple" branch to Destination

Staze

Aug 6, 2019, 6:15:23 PM8/6/19
to reposado
Hi All,

Hopefully simple question. After a week or so, I usually just copy the Apple branch to my Employee and Lab branch. I do this through Margarita, and it works great, but I'd love to commandline this. Doing `./repoutil --copy-branch Apple Employee` results in "Branch Apple does not exist!".

And I don't see it listed when I just do `./repoutil --branches`. So, how...?

Thanks!

-Ryan Stasel

Greg Neagle

Aug 6, 2019, 6:25:41 PM8/6/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
From reposado's POV, the Apple catalogs are not a branch -- they are the trunk.

You could do what you want like so:

repoutil --new-branch Apple
repoutil --add-products non-deprecated Apple
repoutil --copy-branch Apple Employee
repoutil --copy-branch Apple Lab
repoutil --delete-branch Apple

or possibly:

repoutil --add-product non-deprecated Employee
repoutil --remove-product deprecated Employee
repoutil --add-product non-deprecated Lab
repoutil --remove-product deprecated Lab

I've not tested either of these; you might want to create new branches for testing to observe the actual behavior before proceeding.

-Greg

Ryan Stasel

Aug 6, 2019, 6:45:47 PM8/6/19
to 'Gregory Neagle' via reposado
That makes perfect sense!

Wonder if that’s what Margarita is doing in the background?

-Ryan Stasel