RSEL 8.2 is available

Jacco Ligthart

Aug 1, 2020, 11:32:20 AM8/1/20
to redslee...@googlegroups.com
Hi List,

You might have noticed, RSEL 8.2 has been live for a a little over a week.

Although it is live - and I'm happy with the result - it is not yet
completely finalized. These things are still on the (unordered) todo list:

- build the (security) updates that have been published since early June

- update kernels for the different boards

- build rootfs-es

- document which packages (and modules) have not been build and why

- push all patches to the git repo

- make sure that all dependencies that were used for building are in the
release

- add one or two modules - if there are requests

Jacco

Gordan Bobic

Aug 1, 2020, 11:54:51 AM8/1/20
to Jacco Ligthart, redsleeve-users
Watch out for the grub and UEFI shim bugs - this week's update consistently bricks my lab machines, I doubt ARM will fare better.