Inductions

Win Man

Sep 5, 2021, 5:01:26 PM9/5/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace

Hi All,

I'm a newbie that has just joined the rLab and was wondering if anyone wanted to create a group to do some inductions to the machines in the space?

Initially I would like to be inducted on all the fundamentals, bandsaw, table saw, lathe, laser cutter, 3d printer, and cnc.

I have experience with these but need to be inducted in order to go ahead and use them.

Hope to get started and rolling so I can get this endless to do list underway.

Best,

Win

Steve Rodway

Sep 6, 2021, 9:15:48 AM9/6/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I could do the laser cutter for you some time this week. At the moment I
could do Tuesday around 5:30, Wednesday 4:30 or Friday 4:30.

I'll put you on the list for a CNC induction and will be touch when
there's enough people to make a group. Please read the "Induction
Process" section at
https://wiki.rlab.org.uk/wiki/Workshops/boxford#Induction_Process for
more information and to make sure you're ready.

Steve
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/831c0e76-fe1c-439c-811e-0fcca7a8dc95n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/831c0e76-fe1c-439c-811e-0fcca7a8dc95n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Mark Morris

Sep 6, 2021, 1:30:33 PM9/6/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I can do you some inductions on the woodworking tools - are you around Friday daytime?

You'd need to be double jabbed and have a recent negative LFT

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/8742a136-c4b5-6469-7766-dad40d129622%40legionelectronics.co.uk.

Win Man

Sep 6, 2021, 2:08:40 PM9/6/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hi Guys!

Thanks for the response, and for reaching out to get me started.  I don't clock off from the daily grind till half 5, and then the drive over which is around half an hour.

I'm going to have to do inductions later times in the day or during the weekend if peeps are still around?

Jab wise I've had both and do twice a week tests to make sure all is well.

Cheers again, looking forward to meeting you guys soon.

Win

Win Man

Sep 7, 2021, 2:07:36 PM9/7/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Thanks Steve for adding me to the waiting list, I'll have a look through the link and look forward to a group gatehring soon.

Cheers

Win

Stephen Rodway

Sep 9, 2021, 5:58:35 AM9/9/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Win,
I'm going to be free Tuesday evening from 7pm, so we could do one of :

Bandsaw
Tablesaw
Laser cutter

Steve
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/831c0e76-fe1c-439c-811e-0fcca7a8dc95n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/5a0295e7-01f4-4fe0-9449-a07e095c6244n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/5a0295e7-01f4-4fe0-9449-a07e095c6244n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Win Man

Sep 9, 2021, 5:37:11 PM9/9/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hey Steve!

That's super good to hear, can we do the laser cutter that evening? Do you need me to prepare files or any other H&S items for this session? We can tackle other inductions soon enough.

Cheers,

Win

James Futcher

Sep 11, 2021, 3:58:58 AM9/11/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if the laser cutter inductions need to be 121 - If not, would anyone mind if I joined this induction please?

Regards

James

Stephen Rodway

Sep 11, 2021, 4:30:05 AM9/11/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
OK, Tuesday 7pm it is (I'm doing a new member sign-up immediately
beforehand, so might be a few minutes late depending how things go)

You don't need to bring anything or prepare any files, we'll provide all
that's needed. You might like something to take notes if that's how you
prefer to learn, but the session notes are also all available on the wiki.

I'm fine with you joining in James.

Steve
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/5a0295e7-01f4-4fe0-9449-a07e095c6244n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/4b172b20-9dcc-41cf-a0e1-dc94c313fa9dn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/4b172b20-9dcc-41cf-a0e1-dc94c313fa9dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Tony Short

Sep 11, 2021, 2:01:04 PM9/11/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
I’m back on Monday so happy to help out with laser inductions if Steve gets delayed.

Tony

alexand...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2021, 3:33:50 PM9/12/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
If a 3D printer induction gets scheduled and it doesn't need to be 1-2-1, I'd love to jump on board too!

Alex