FS: Green 62 Saluki

tc

Dec 19, 2019, 5:30:22 PM12/19/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Complete bike for $1900, plus whatever packing and shipping costs.  Includes everything shown in the pic's except for:
- Saddle
- Grips
- Pedals

I really want to sell the complete bike; but, depending on interest, could do F/F/H/BB too, or something in between if the complete isn't getting any interest after a week or so.

Pic's here:

I bought this pre-owned 1x8 setup from a list member this year to dip my toe into the 650b world.  Though it's a beautiful bike, there's not enough of a difference to me, compared to my 700c bikes, to justify keeping it.  I know there are some big Saluki fans out there, so hopefully someone will get it and appreciate it.

The paint is gorgeous; it is almost free of defects.  Some very tiny blemishes, but you have to get right up on it to see'em.  When I got it, I was taken aback by how well it had been taken care of.

Standover, with the current set of wheels and tires, is 86cm as measured from the ground, straight up from the crank center.

Saddle height shown in the pic's is 79, from center of crank to the top of the saddle, along a line straight up through the seatpost.

Build details:
I've put only about 50 miles on this bike since I bought it.  Willing to make minor changes (include or not include) some components, depending on your needs.  Let me know what you're thinkin'.

Components I bought new for this bike (~$300; 50 miles on them all):
- Ahearne+Map 610mm bar ($60)
- Tallux 120mm stem ($76)
- Rene Herse Babyshoe Pass 650bx42 tires ($140)
- Schwalbe tubes ($32)

Components on the bike when I bought it:
- Paul canti levers (green)
- Paul neo retro cantis (green spring nuts)
- Paul moon units (green)
- Suntour XC shifter
- Sugino RD 48t crank
- Synergy wheelset (both 32h).  Sunrace front hub, Deore rear hub. 8spd cassette.
- XT rear derailleur.  No front derailleur.

Thanks,
Tom

tc

Dec 19, 2019, 5:54:32 PM12/19/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Correction - sorry - SunTOUR  front hub...not Sunrace.

Tom

Max S

Dec 19, 2019, 10:21:28 PM12/19/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Want.

- Max “anyone want my 58 cm Ebisu?.. it’d be a kind of a trade...” in A2

tom coppedge

Dec 19, 2019, 10:54:52 PM12/19/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hey Max!  I’m gonna need a complete sentence from you. Are you making an offer?

Thanks!
Tom

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 10:21 PM Max S <msh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Want.

- Max “anyone want my 58 cm Ebisu?.. it’d be a kind of a trade...” in A2

tc

Dec 21, 2019, 11:27:36 AM12/21/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
The Saluki has been sold.

Tom

Max S

Dec 23, 2019, 10:59:11 PM12/23/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Doh. Got busy for a few days. Probably for the better. I’ll just roll along with more stem showing... :-)

- Max “ride what ya got” in A2