Bug in getFunctionCalledName()

Adam Cameron

Aug 17, 2013, 2:58:48 PM8/17/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com
G'day:
I'm posting here initially instead of just raising a bug as I'd like clarification.

function callMe(required string actual){
writeOutput("when calling #actual#(), getFunctionCalledName() returns: #getFunctionCalledName()#<br>");
}

functionRef = callMe;

callMe("callme");
functionRef("functionRef");

On ColdFusion, it behaves correctly, outputting:

when calling callme(), getFunctionCalledName() returns: callMe
when calling functionRef(), getFunctionCalledName() returns: functionRef

On Railo it doesn't seem to work, instead outputting:

when calling callme(), getFunctionCalledName() returns: callMe
when calling functionRef(), getFunctionCalledName() returns: callMe

This is on 4.1.1.001; express version.

This is - clearly - wrong, but I found this existing ticket: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RAILO-1670 which does not describe the same issue, but is related.

So just want to know if the existing ticket will cover this, or not?

Cheers.

--
Adam

Bruce Kirkpatrick

Aug 18, 2013, 1:05:58 PM8/18/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I'm running railo 4.1.0.011 rc and the compatibility problem still exists.  The issue url you referenced is marked "resolved", which means no one is looking at it anymore I think.  You probably do need to reopen a new issue.

Michael Offner

Aug 19, 2013, 3:46:22 AM8/19/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com
yes the ticket is set to "resolved" but the "resolution" is set to "Partially Completed", that is how jira works (what i hate!), but for us the ticket is still open, we still have a testcase that reminds me every time we execute the testsuite that we have to solve this.
problem is, it is not easy to solve because Railo has not this information in this place and provide this information will railo make slower in general. so we are working on a solution that has no impact ion the performance and provide this information, but atm we are a little bit stuck here.
i will update the Testcase to a new MXUnit based testcase.

2013/8/18 Bruce Kirkpatrick <br...@farbeyondcode.com>
I'm running railo 4.1.0.011 rc and the compatibility problem still exists.  The issue url you referenced is marked "resolved", which means no one is looking at it anymore I think.  You probably do need to reopen a new issue.

--
Did you find this reply useful? Help the Railo community and add it to the Railo Server wiki at https://github.com/getrailo/railo/wiki

/micha

Michael Offner CTO Railo Technologies GmbH

Michael Offner

Aug 19, 2013, 3:57:43 AM8/19/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com

Adam Cameron

Aug 19, 2013, 4:15:12 AM8/19/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Fair enough, Micha. It might be worth commenting to that effect on the ticket, as it's not entirely clear.

I hasten to add that this issue is not really impacting me at all: I only use it for test code in my blog, and even then only to mitigate my laziness. So don't redirect efforts onto this ticket on my account, it really was just a query on the status of it.

Cheers.

--
Adam

Michael Offner

Aug 19, 2013, 4:35:18 AM8/19/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com
until now this ticket had not the highest priority for us, because this feature is not a lot used until now, but is remains on our radar for sure. i have reopen the ticket and add a coment to make the current situation more clear for everybody

Micha