Racket v8.1

John Clements

May 5, 2021, 12:39:22 PM5/5/21
to Racket Users
Racket version 8.1 is now available from

https://racket-lang.org/

- DrRacket tabs can be dragged, and have new close buttons.

- Racket CS supports cross-compilation using `raco exe`.

- Racket CS supports Android on 32-bit and 64-bit ARM processors.

- The database library supports running queries in OS threads.

- Check-Syntax arrows correctly identify the definition site of
identifiers with contracts.

- Racket CS performance has improved for structure predicates and
accessors

- Racket CS is faster at multiplying extremely large numbers and
dividing large integers.

- Racket CS allows callbacks to raise exceptions if they are annotated
with `#:callback-exns?`.

- New ephemeron hash tables simplify the implementation of tables where
keys can refer to values.

- Typed Racket supports for/foldr.

- The stepper works for #lang htdp/*sl.

- Struct signatures work for the ASL teaching language.

The following people contributed to this release:

Alex Harsányi, Alex Knauth, Alexander Shopov, Alexis King, Andrew
Mauer-Oats, Anish Athalye, Ben Greenman, Bert De Ketelaere, Bob Burger,
Bogdan Popa, Brian Adkins, Cameron Moy, David Van Horn, Dexter Lagan,
Dominik Pantůček, Fred Fu, Greg Hendershott, Gustavo Massaccesi, Hazel
Levine, Ismael Luceno, Jack Firth, Jarhmander, John Clements, Jörgen
Brandt, Laurent Orseau, Lazerbeak12345, Matthew Flatt, Matthias
Felleisen, Micah Cantor, Mike Sperber, Noah Ma, Patrick McCarty, Paulo
Matos, Pavel Panchekha, Philip McGrath, Philippe Meunier, R. Kent
Dybvig, Robby Findler, Ryan Culpepper, Ryan Kramer, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt,
Sergiu Ivanov, Shu-Hung You, Sorawee Porncharoenwase, Stephen De
Gabrielle, William J. Bowman, bmitc, xxyzz, yjqww6, and ymdarake

Feedback Welcome

Dexter Lagan

May 8, 2021, 4:38:13 PM5/8/21
to Racket Users
Hello sir,

 Thank you ! My name is actually Dexter Santucci. Apologies for the confusion. My email address isn't telling.

Cheers!

Dexter

John Clements

May 9, 2021, 8:37:25 PM5/9/21
to Dexter Lagan, Racket Users
Ah! My apologies. I’ve added your name to our “preferred names” file, and I hope not to make this mistake again.

Thank you!

John

Asumu Takikawa

May 26, 2021, 7:44:15 PM5/26/21
to Racket Users
On 2021-05-05 16:39:14 +0000, 'John Clements' via Racket Users wrote:
> Racket version 8.1 is now available from
>
> https://racket-lang.org/

The Ubuntu PPA is also now updated to v8.1 on all supported releases
(now includes 21.04):

https://launchpad.net/~plt/+archive/ubuntu/racket

Sorry for the delay this time.

There was an issue with the v8.0 package in which package install would
print an error sometimes. This should be fixed in this release.

If you encounter that or other packaging bugs, please report here:

https://github.com/takikawa/racket-ppa

Cheers,
Asumu

Greg Davidson

Jun 7, 2021, 6:40:12 PM6/7/21
to Racket Users
How can I run Racket 8.1 on Android?  I'd love to run DrRacket natively and/or run raco under Termux.  Where can I find out more information?  Thanks, _Greg

unlimitedscolobb

Jun 8, 2021, 7:41:33 AM6/8/21
to Racket Users
Hi Greg,

I can run Racket on my Android phone via https://github.com/t184256/nix-on-droid , but last time I tried I couldn't get raco to work because of some weird file paths in Android/Termux.

I have never tried running DrRacket though.

-
Sergiu

Stephen De Gabrielle

Nov 14, 2021, 5:20:53 PM11/14/21