Teaching Racket to kids experiences, syllabus ideas, etc

Nathaniel W Griswold

Jun 15, 2021, 1:42:29 PM6/15/21
to Racket Users
Has anyone taught racket to kids, like middle school and above?

I see some really basic articles when googling around, but i was wondering if anyone has experience with this.

Would you use the picturing-programs book? I see it's built into Racket, which is nice.

I was thinking of something smaller though, for a low-pressure introduction to programming, control flow, making an algorithm, that kinda stuff.

Nate

Sage Gerard

Jun 15, 2021, 1:44:35 PM6/15/21
to Nathaniel W Griswold, Racket Users
John Carmack did so for his 10 year old. His notes may be of interest.

https://groups.google.com/g/racket-users/c/yjRuIxypUQc

~slg