racket snapshot scripts

Paulo Matos

Apr 6, 2018, 9:03:15 AM4/6/18
to racke...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Where can I find the scripts that generate the racket nightly builds?
I am having trouble generating something like the racket snapshots when
I build racket on my own.

For example, if I build in-place, the links.rkt file refers to files in
pkgs which was not inside the racket directory. This means that I cannot
move the racket folder somewhere else -- but I understand this is the
idea of `in-place`.

--
Paulo Matos

Robby Findler

Apr 6, 2018, 9:07:48 AM4/6/18
to Paulo Matos, Racket Developers
I can't say that I know all the details of the various ways to run the
build process, but I use this library:

https://github.com/racket/distro-build

http://docs.racket-lang.org/distro-build/

to build the snapshots at northwestern.

Robby

Matthew Flatt

Apr 6, 2018, 10:28:33 AM4/6/18
to Paulo Matos, Racket Developers
See "INSTALL.txt" at the top of the git repo and skip down to "The
Whole Enchilada: Building Installers".
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/racket-dev/CAL3TdOONhkVRY0j%3Du-xBs0NtqBY6hzO
> 0J81mAPmmHmQGnms0SA%40mail.gmail.com.

Paulo Matos

Apr 6, 2018, 12:57:11 PM4/6/18
to racke...@googlegroups.com

On 06/04/18 16:28, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> See "INSTALL.txt" at the top of the git repo and skip down to "The
> Whole Enchilada: Building Installers".

Thanks. I was just going through the docs Robby referenced as well. The
whole point was an attempt to build racket versions, which I use for
testing and development but with no places. However, probably due to the
server/client nature of the build, disabling places breaks the build.

Works on v6.12 tag:
make CONFIGURE_ARGS_qq='CFLAGS="-Og -Wall -g"' CPUS=16 installers

Fails on v6.12 tag:
make CONFIGURE_ARGS_qq='CFLAGS="-Og -Wall -g" --disable-places' CPUS=16
installers

But from the error message:
build/user/6.12/pkgs/at-exp-lib/scribble/base/reader.rkt:2:30:
collection not found

it's not obvious this is related to places.

--
Paulo Matos

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt

Apr 6, 2018, 2:10:41 PM4/6/18
to Paulo Matos, racke...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure if this is what you're doing, but note that for the v6.12
(and previous) tags just using `make` will not work in general -- see
the discussion at https://github.com/racket/racket/pull/1987

Sam