Thinkpad X201t

lo...@lorentrogers.com

Nov 14, 2016, 1:02:42 PM11/14/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

This is my first message on this list, so I hope I'm not spamming folks
with this!

I'm trying to test out an install of Qubes on my Thinkpad X201t, and the
installer seems to have issues with the video card. I confirmed that the
install media is valid on another computer, but whenever I try to run it
in the X201t, I get a warped screen.

I initially posted this issue (with an image) to Github, which pointed
me to this email list.

I believe my laptop is up to spec, so I figured I'd report the issues I
was seeing. Let me know if any other information would be helpful.

Thanks!
Loren

pixel fairy

Nov 14, 2016, 1:40:10 PM11/14/16
to qubes-users
On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 1:02:42 PM UTC-5, lo...@lorentrogers.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> This is my first message on this list, so I hope I'm not spamming folks
> with this!
>
> I'm trying to test out an install of Qubes on my Thinkpad X201t, and the
> installer seems to have issues with the video card. I confirmed that the
> install media is valid on another computer, but whenever I try to run it
> in the X201t, I get a warped screen.

i also use an X201t. the issue is with vt-d, which you have to temporarily disable. see https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/thinkpad-troubleshooting/

its mostly usable, but does get slow. even web browsing can get choppy.

lo...@lorentrogers.com

Nov 14, 2016, 1:49:57 PM11/14/16
to pixel fairy, qubes-users
Yes - that's it! Thanks so much. I'm installing now. I posted your
answer to the Github issue for reference.

Loren