How to rotate VPNs?

Gaiko Kyofusho

Oct 28, 2016, 11:10:00 PM10/28/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to set up a VpnVM to automatically/randomly switch between vpn servers? At the moment I have to manually replace openvpn-client.opvn file with another file (with other server info) every time I want to change, would be great if I could at least have a menu that would give me the choice of which server I use or randomly cycle through servers.

Chris Laprise

Oct 29, 2016, 3:42:15 PM10/29/16
to Gaiko Kyofusho, qubes...@googlegroups.com
> --

Its possible, but the specific answer depends on whether you mean
different servers from the same VPN provider, or switching between
different providers.

A VPN provider that has many servers will usually show up in DNS
you can just refer to their domain name as the "remote" in your VPN
client config and randomization will happen automatically. OTOH, if you
want to refer to IP addresses directly, you can specify multiple
"remote" lines in the config file along with the "remote-random" feature
which will cause openvpn to randomly select one of the specified addresses.

If you want to switch between VPN providers, you could have openvpn look
for a config filename that is a symlink to an actual config file. You
could have an rc.local script that randomly selects a config file and
creates the symlink.

Chris

pleo...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2016, 11:14:27 PM10/29/16
to qubes-users
its easy to rotate vpn in qubes but (put in in qube cron) vpn is very low objecment security

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)

Nov 18, 2016, 2:13:51 AM11/18/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/CAGpWZxNH-2%3DWUuk0YXy9dxn1wBNTyow3MrWU62h6pxTt4snfdQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/CAGpWZxNH-2%3DWUuk0YXy9dxn1wBNTyow3MrWU62h6pxTt4snfdQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Can you file a ticket for a feature request on
https://github.com/Rudd-O/qubes-vpn ? Thanks.

--
Rudd-O
http://rudd-o.com/