Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

lik...@gmx.de

no leída,
18 may 2019, 16:04:1818/5/19
a qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

is there a dark mode ("inverted" colors e.g. during night sessions) which can be activated in Qubes? Or is this template based and I should look out for debian/fedora solutions?

Cheers, Pete

Alvaro Rannon

no leída,
18 may 2019, 16:31:4518/5/19
a lik...@gmx.de,qubes...@googlegroups.com

Chris Laprise

no leída,
18 may 2019, 16:38:4518/5/19
On 5/18/19 4:04 PM, lik...@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a dark mode ("inverted" colors e.g. during night sessions) which can be activated in Qubes? Or is this template based and I should look out for debian/fedora solutions?

In Qubes its 2-tiered: the dom0 side and the appVM side.

For dom0, you will get the best results from KDE since XFCE doesn't
respond well to dark palette settings and its frame colors are
hard-coded. You can simply go to KDE System Settings -> Color and choose
a palette like Breeze Dark. The other thing I like to set are the Qubes
border colors, since the defaults are too bright for a dark desktop. I
have a script that will dim the borders, or you can change the values to
your own preference:

https://github.com/tasket/Qubes-scripts/blob/master/kde-color.sh

For domU / appVMs, you can turn on the Gnome setting for a dark palette
either with gnome-tweak-tool or by adding the following two lines to the
file /home/user/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini:

[Settings]
gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=1

This won't change a few other gtk apps, for instance 'gnome-terminal';
You'll have to go to terminal's Preferences and change 'Theme variant'
to Dark.

If you decide to use KDE in appVMs, you can change the palette with the
System Settings tool like in dom0, only you will have to also set the
'XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP' variable in the template to 'KDE'. You can do this
by creating a file /etc/profile.d/qubes_kde.sh and add the following line:

export XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE

I've found that switching the template to KDE allows me to cover
application palettes more completely than remaining with the default
Gnome setup because KDE will attempt to control the palettes of
Gnome/Gtk apps but the opposite hasn't been true in my experience.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket

Chris Laprise

no leída,
18 may 2019, 16:56:4718/5/19
a Alvaro Rannon,lik...@gmx.de,qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 5/18/19 4:31 PM, 'Alvaro Rannon' via qubes-users wrote:
> There’s dark theme: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/dark-theme/

FWIW, this appears to be for an older Qubes release (and older KDE).
Also should note the XFCE directions won't result in uniform results
across applications, even in dom0; many will remain bright white and
borders will still be bright. See my response in this thread.

Also, browser apps will ignore desktop palettes. For Firefox, you can
use the built-in Dark theme for the non-page areas. For the web pages, I
recommend the "Stylus" add-in with the "Midnight Surfing" palette.

lik...@gmx.de

no leída,
19 may 2019, 10:18:2319/5/19
a qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 5/18/19 9:38 PM, Chris Laprise wrote:
Thank you very much for this detailled answer, Chris! I managed to enable that in debian-AppVms. There's a great feature in compiz (http://wiki.compiz.org/Plugins/Neg) to enable inversion of colours with a simple shortcut. Unfortunatelly, I don't know how this relates to the window managers. Is there a simple possibility to negate colours on demand?
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos