Reversing dom0 testing repo installation

qube...@tutanota.com

Jan 28, 2019, 10:59:16 AM1/28/19
to Qubes Users
hi, I accidentaly downloaded and installed the dom0 update from the testing repo. Is there any way to reverse the action and keep only the stable version?

I already disabled the testing repo in the /etc/yum.repos.d/qubes-dom0.repo

Thank you

qube...@tutanota.com

Jan 30, 2019, 9:28:20 AM1/30/19
to Qubes Users

Just a humble reminder for my question. I tried to research the topic, but didn't move anywhere. Can anyone advice me please?

Jan 28, 2019, 3:59 PM by qube...@tutanota.com:

AJ Jordan

Jan 30, 2019, 5:02:43 PM1/30/19
to qubes-users
On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 9:28:20 AM UTC-5, qube...@tutanota.com wrote:

> Just a humble reminder for my question. I tried to research the topic, but didn't move anywhere. Can anyone advice me please?

I don't know the answer to your question offhand, but if you aren't encountering any serious problems you can probably just wait. Eventually stable will catch up to what's currently in testing and you'll be on a stable system again.

unman

Jan 31, 2019, 10:06:35 AM1/31/19
to Qubes Users
Check /var/log/dnf** to see exactly what changes have been made to your
system

If you are using a Fedora based qube as UpdateVM, then you can use the
downgrade option:
qubes-dom0-upgrade action=downgrade <package>

I'm not familiar with this and don't use it. It isn't an option if you are
using Whonix or another Debian based UpgradeVM

In that case, you can get a list of all the available versions:
qubes-dom-update --action=list --showduplicates <packages>

And then should be able to install a specific version:
qubes-dom-update package-version

It's a little more long winded, but you are exercising full control.
Hope that helps somewhat.

unman

qube...@tutanota.com

Feb 1, 2019, 4:16:40 AM2/1/19
to unman, Qubes Users

Jan 31, 2019, 3:06 PM by un...@thirdeyesecurity.org:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 03:28:17PM +0100, > qube...@tutanota.com <mailto:qube...@tutanota.com>> wrote:
>

>> Just a humble reminder for my question. I tried to research the topic, but didn't move anywhere. Can anyone advice me please?
>>
>> Jan 28, 2019, 3:59 PM by >> qube...@tutanota.com <mailto:qube...@tutanota.com>>> :
>>
>> > hi, I accidentaly downloaded and installed the dom0 update from the testing repo. Is there any way to reverse the action and keep only the stable version?
>> >
>> > I already disabled the testing repo in the /etc/yum.repos.d/qubes-dom0.repo
>> >
>> > Thank you
>> >

> Check /var/log/dnf** to see exactly what changes have been made to your
> system
>
> If you are using a Fedora based qube as UpdateVM, then you can use the
> downgrade option:
> qubes-dom0-upgrade action=downgrade <package>
>
> I'm not familiar with this and don't use it. It isn't an option if you are
> using Whonix or another Debian based UpgradeVM
>
> In that case, you can get a list of all the available versions:
> qubes-dom-update --action=list --showduplicates <packages>
>
> And then should be able to install a specific version:
> qubes-dom-update package-version
>
> It's a little more long winded, but you are exercising full control.
> Hope that helps somewhat.
>
> unman

Thank you, but it seems like bit advanced. I will wait till the stable rewrites the testing when out. Hope this works too.

The only issue I encountered is the password entry at boot - the GUI doesnt appear and I am entering the pass terminal-like.