DispVM and Word/docx - no go

Ryan Tate

Oct 19, 2017, 11:08:19 AM10/19/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
In Qubes 3.2 from a fedora 25 AppVM, when I try and open a docx (Word)
file via DispVM via the right-click menu, I just get a directory
listing inside the DispVM. Instead of opening the file with
LibreOffice it appears to unzip the file and show the underlying dir
structure. (The docx format is zipped.)

I have LibreOffice available to the app vm via the Fedora 25 template.
Is there somewhere else I need to put it to make it available to the
DispVM? Or is this a known/expected behavior for DispVM?

Noor Christensen

Oct 20, 2017, 12:34:43 PM10/20/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
First of all, you need to make sure that LibreOffice is installed in
your DispVM.

Regenerate your DispVM image using that fedora-25 template you mentioned:

$ qvm-create-default-dvm fedora-25

When it has completed, try opening the document in a DispVM again.

-- noor

|_|O|_|
|_|_|O| Noor Christensen
signature.asc

Ryan Tate

Oct 27, 2017, 6:28:12 PM10/27/17
to Noor Christensen, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. This fixed it perfectly. And I’ve become better acquainted with https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/dispvm-customization/
….which I probably should have found before!
:-)

Cheers!

signature.asc