Qubes 3.2 - TeamViewer not connecting

Vincent Elliott

Oct 28, 2016, 8:40:25 PM10/28/16
to qubes-users
Hi,

Am very new to Qubes OS and am trying to get TeamViewer v11 working.  The problem is it will not connect and is requesting proxy settings.

Anyone had any success with this?

Vincent

yaqu

Oct 29, 2016, 3:05:53 PM10/29/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
TeamViewer works for me (of course as client only) very well (versions
9, 10 and now 11):
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/55FLgq801_w/8IqgeZdVBQAJ

--
yaqu

Max Suica

Jan 8, 2017, 5:56:09 PM1/8/17
to qubes-users
See Alex's solution here:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/ZRcDRHIhPLE/WQcLoAHIPAAJ

I avoided the TVsetup step by first installing the RPM to the template to provide the dependencies. Then the TAR version of TeamViewer can execute without any issues.

Note, this is less than ideal, since the RPM version seems to install a persistent teamviewer daemon onto the system, which may be less than trustworthy. At some point I would like to write a RPM that grabs all the dependencies and installs teamviewer in a safer mode.