2+2 Carburettor

Nigel Plant

Jul 9, 2019, 6:04:03 AM7/9/19
to Quantum Owners Group
Hi folks
Two questions, weber 32 dft 1985 XR2 CVH 1.6:
1) I am suspicious that the main jets have at some point been confused. The primary is 160 and secondary 150, going by numbers stamped on top. My understanding is that primary should be the smaller one. Can anyone pse confirm.
2) What is the live source for the wire going onto the choke please. Having a few choke woes.

Regards
Nigel

Jim Hearne

Jul 9, 2019, 6:08:35 AM7/9/19
to Quantum Owners Group
The electronic choke and fuel cutoff solenoid are both feed from the same
ignition feed as the ignition coil.

Jim

basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum
Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or
in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any
person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or
alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained
within this or related message(s).
"Quantum Owners Group" group.
email to quantumowner...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/6b8b8573-0a27-40dd-8584-fa245f9deb08%40googlegroups.com.

Nigel Plant

Jul 9, 2019, 7:37:03 AM7/9/19
to Quantum Owners Group
Thanks Jim. Interesting, fuel shut off os fine but choke wire as dead as a dodo. Any reason I shouldn't just branch a wire off the fuel shut off? We are talking about the carburettor fuel shut off aren't we?

Jim Hearne

Jul 9, 2019, 7:44:16 AM7/9/19
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Interesting.
They should just join into the black ignition coil feed wire inside the loom
where it runs along the bulkhead.

Jim

basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum
Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or
in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any
person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or
alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained
within this or related message(s).
"Quantum Owners Group" group.
email to quantumowner...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/85aa8552-96a7-4fae-8abf-93f9db485a1d%40googlegroups.com.

Jim Hearne

Jul 9, 2019, 7:47:26 AM7/9/19
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, yes, fuel shut off solenoid valve on carb.

Jim

Nigel Plant

Jul 9, 2019, 7:54:37 AM7/9/19
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
So could I just branch another wire onto the choke from the fuel cut off. Seems basic, but can't find any info on my Haynes wiring diagram for choke.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/593ECE4170124F96AA7D33BE755699F7%40JimQuad.

Dave English

Jul 12, 2019, 5:23:40 PM7/12/19
to Quantum Owners Group
Hi Nigel.

The Haynes manual has the numbers you state but doesn't define which is which - I would assume the main jet was first, but you never know.
Anyway I've attached a scan of the bit from the manual - hope it helps.

carb.jpeg

Regards
Dave English
Q2009

Nigel Plant

Jul 13, 2019, 12:32:31 PM7/13/19
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dave.
This helps. I hadn't  spotted this in Haynes.  I  was getting confused between air and fuel jet sizes.  I combined all sources of info and concluded mine are correct.  All problems now solved.
Have live to choke, reset it and it now works fine.
Was not getting full throttle, adjuster screw/ clip where cable outer attached to carb was crackered. Temporarily fixed with novel use of cable tie.
Thanks all for

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s).
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.