Cannot get find_files_and_readers() working

13 vues

lobsiger...@gmail.com

non lue,
29 janv. 2022, 05:24:4529/01/2022
à pytroll
Hi all,

I try to use this function for the first time with the test data V2 distributed for EPS-SG.
Whatever I do I always get the full directory listing of orbit3. Example code used:
bestfiles = find_files_and_readers(base_dir = '/home/eumetcast/VII_L1B/orbit3',
         reader = 'vii_l1b_nc',
         start_time = datetime(2008,2,23,8,45),
         end_time   = datetime(2008,2,23,8,47))
print (bestfiles)
quit()

Did I miss something? Any ideas?

Best regards,
Ernst

David Hoese

non lue,
29 janv. 2022, 16:30:1029/01/2022
à pyt...@googlegroups.com
Ernst,

I would consider this a bug in the 'vii_l1b_nc' reader. We can see in
the YAML that the file patterns are defined with "sensing_start_time"
and "sensing_end_time", but Satpy's finding functionality assumes
"start_time" and "end_time". We'll have to see what others say about
this as I'm not very familiar with this reader, but this seems like
something that should be fixed/updated.

Dave
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pytroll/33ef9a31-1c59-417c-baf9-6153a1ed552dn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pytroll/33ef9a31-1c59-417c-baf9-6153a1ed552dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

David Hoese

non lue,
29 janv. 2022, 16:40:0929/01/2022
à pytroll

lobsiger...@gmail.com

non lue,
30 janv. 2022, 05:37:0430/01/2022
à pytroll
Hi Dave,

yes this vii reader is a "work in progress" with a PR under review. I tried find_files_and_readers() with Meteosat 'seviri' files and it worked.
Going through the file patterns of a couple of other readers these normally use "start_time" and "end_time" as you mentionned above.

I have replaced find_files_and_readers() for my 'vii_l1b_nc' script with a couple of own lines.  It's still about TestDataV2 anyway ...

Best regards,
Ernst
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur