Puppet 6 removed native Nagios provider

comport3

Oct 18, 2018, 11:45:42 PM10/18/18
to Puppet Users
Hi All,

We are testing some Nagios stuff on Puppet 6 and it seems all the previously native functionality was completely removed.

Is it available to be re-added via a Module? If not, why was it removed - technical issues, etc??

Example to reproduce:

(on server to be monitored, exporting it's 'nagios_host' resource)
  @@nagios_host { $::fqdn :
    tag        => "nagios-${lookup('nagios_server')}",
    ensure     => present,
    address     => $facts['networking.ip'],
    use        => 'wan-host',
    hostgroups => (lookup('nagios_hostgroups', {merge => deep})).join(','),
    target     => "/etc/nagios3/conf.d/puppet.d/host_${::fqdn}.cfg",
  }

(on monitoring server collecting this exported resource:

Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 500 on SERVER: Server Error: Evaluation Error: Error while evaluating a Resource Statement, Unknown resource type: 'nagios_host'

Angel L. Mateo

Oct 19, 2018, 1:49:04 AM10/19/18
to puppet...@googlegroups.com

https://forge.puppet.com/puppetlabs/nagios_core

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática

David Schmitt

Oct 19, 2018, 7:51:48 AM10/19/18
to puppet...@googlegroups.com

Austin Blatt

Oct 22, 2018, 4:51:28 AM10/22/18
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
As part of the refactoring of the puppet code base, nagios resources were moved into their own module, nagios_core. Installing that module should resolve your error.

Austin Blatt
Associate Software Engineer