How to reject agent (node) certificate request

kaustubh chaudhari

Dec 4, 2013, 8:44:04 AM12/4/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using open source puppet.

How can i reject a certificate request generated by agent on the master.

I can see the cert request in :

puppet cert list

However i wish to reject the request so that next time i run the same command, i dont see the garbage(unwanted requests)

I know this can be done in PE, not sure how to do this from command line!

-Kaustubh

Felix Frank

Dec 6, 2013, 5:45:54 AM12/6/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

have you tried using puppet cert clean for this as well?

According to the docs, it removes all files. This would include the
unwanted CSR.

HTH,
Felix

kaustubh chaudhari

Dec 6, 2013, 7:46:19 AM12/6/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com

Hey Felix,

Yes i have tried that!

puppet cert clean will work only for the accepted CSR. The only way i see is to accept it and then clean it! But this is not right way to do it!

-Kaustubh

Felix Frank

Dec 6, 2013, 8:04:55 AM12/6/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
You can always throw away the CSR file manually, but that's obviously
less than ideal.

If nobody pipes up with a correct answer, you may want to check Redmine
for an open feature request and vote on that, or open a new one if none
can be found.

Regards,
Felix

Johan De Wit

Dec 6, 2013, 8:43:42 AM12/6/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried

puppet cert revoke <hostname>

(see puppet help cert for the man page)

hth

Johan
--
Johan De Wit

Open Source Consultant

Red Hat Certified Engineer (805008667232363)
Puppet Certified Professional 2013 (PCP0000006)

Open-Future Phone +32 (0)2/255 70 70
Zavelstraat 72 Fax +32 (0)2/255 70 71
3071 KORTENBERG Mobile +32 (0)474/42 40 73
BELGIUM http://www.open-future.be

Next Events:
Puppet Fundamentals Training | http://www.open-future.be/puppet-fundamentals-training-10-till-12th-december
Puppet Advanced Training | http://www.open-future.be/puppet-advanced-training-7-till-9th-january
Puppet Fundamentals Training | http://www.open-future.be/puppet-fundamentals-training-4-till-6th-february
Subscribe to our newsletter | http://eepurl.com/BUG8H

Patrick Ethier

Dec 6, 2013, 8:30:03 AM12/6/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Did you try the puppet node clean and puppet node deactivate functions?

Pat

kaustubh chaudhari

Dec 6, 2013, 9:34:00 AM12/6/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi John and Patrick!

I havent tried puppet cert revoke - i will try that and reproduce if the issue persists.

Yes i have tried puppet node clean and puppet node deactivate, but the moment PuppetDB receives the request .. it update the facts and reports to the same. I do understand this is a normal behavior, we need to purge the node from DB to avoid this.

-Kaustubh