Puppet for RHEL 9 - when will it be available?

Tim Skirvin

Dec 6, 2021, 12:00:25 PM12/6/21
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
CentOS Stream 9 was released on Friday. Before I start doing test
installs, I'd like to get a working version of puppet for it. When can we
expect Puppet Agent RPMs for RHEL 9 and its derivatives, and its
associated yum repos, e.g. <https://yum.puppetlabs.com/puppet7/el/9>?

- Tim Skirvin (tski...@fnal.gov)
--
HPC Systems Administrator / Developer http://www.linkedin.com/in/tskirvin
Fermilab SCF-SSI + USCMS-T1 He, Him, His

Yasmin Rajabi

Dec 6, 2021, 8:05:53 PM12/6/21
to puppet...@googlegroups.com, Tim Skirvin
Hello!

We are currently working on the rhel 9 beta agent, hoping to have that in the nightlies soon. Centos stream support is tentative for early next year.

Dan White

Dec 6, 2021, 8:33:17 PM12/6/21
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Do the el8 packages work for CentOS 8 Stream ?

—————————————————————————————————-

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

Tim Skirvin

Dec 6, 2021, 9:10:15 PM12/6/21
to 'Dan White' via Puppet Users
'Dan White' via Puppet Users <puppet...@googlegroups.com> writes:

> Do the el8 packages work for CentOS 8 Stream ?

That's what I use, anyway. It's certainly good enough for the
agent.

Nacho Barrientos

Dec 7, 2021, 3:25:23 AM12/7/21
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yasmin Rajabi <yas...@puppet.com> writes:

> Hello!
>
> We are currently working on the rhel 9 beta agent, hoping to have that in
> the nightlies soon. Centos stream support is tentative for early next
> year.

For info we've already got local builds of 7.x for CentOS Stream
9. Early stages, though. [0] might be of your interest.

[0] https://github.com/puppetlabs/vanagon/pull/722

--
bye
Nacho