VOCR with Keyboard Maestro 9.0

ruivilarinhomusic

Aug 18, 2019, 10:09:26 PM8/18/19
to ProToolsAccessList
Hi,
I hope all are doing ok.
I finally decided to instal VOCR. Is it  working fine with the Keyboard Maestro 9.0? Can i upgrade?
Using HighSierra here.

Is that updated? Download VOCR at:
https://github.com/chigkim/VOCR/archi...
Getting Started:
https://github.com/chigkim/vocr

Thanks in advance any tip or suggestion !
Rui Vilarinho

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 19, 2019, 4:36:19 AM8/19/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rui!

Do not install VOCR or Flo Tools on top of Keyboard Maestro 9.
I did and have to use Timemachine :-)

I think that we have to wait for new KM9 ready installers of VOCR and Flo Tools.

Best! / Martin
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/BA3C624F20964A3DA407FA09
> 9034D852%40LG
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/BA3C624F20964A3DA407FA0
> 99034D852%40LG?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

ruivilarinhomusic

Aug 19, 2019, 10:56:55 AM8/19/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Understood. Thank you very much.
Best, Rui
> email to ptaccess+u...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/008e01d55669%242c189120%248449b360%24%40cakewalker.de.

Chi Kim

Aug 20, 2019, 5:41:05 AM8/20/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

KM 9 has a bug where if you import macros, some macros get imported into
its own group. For example, if you install Flo Tools, this will create
800 something groups, and it will be hard to get rid of all of those.

This happens to other macros not just Flo Tools. What's even more
confusing is that this only happens to some macros, not all macros, and
I'm not sure what's causing it.

As far as I know, it's not installers' bug because even if you just open
the exported macro file without an installer, it has the same effect.

Peter is busy squashing other bugs in KM9, but he promised to look at it
as soon as he can. If he finds the fix, it'll be included in the next
release.

If you like, you can purchase the KM9 update for the promotion rate, but
don't install it yet.

Stay tuned,

Chi

ruivilarinhomusic

Aug 20, 2019, 10:28:15 AM8/20/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Understood. I'll do that.
Thank you very much ! Rui
> email to ptaccess+u...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/DM6PR05MB5817739FEA7D4A7E39E74A77CEAB0%40DM6PR05MB5817.namprd05.prod.outlook.com.

Slau Halatyn

Aug 20, 2019, 10:30:34 AM8/20/19
to PTAccess List
Hi Chi,
Thanks for the clarification on what's happening. Hopefully Peter can resolve this relatively quickly.
Slau

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/DM6PR05MB5817739FEA7D4A7E39E74A77CEAB0%40DM6PR05MB5817.namprd05.prod.outlook.com.

ruivilarinhomusic

Aug 20, 2019, 7:15:15 PM8/20/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chi,
I just instal it and tested with good results. What a great handy tool,
thanks a lot for that.
Although, I didnt renamed the front OCR makro because I dont quite know the
anser, I mean, what should I write concerning a Mac Pro using a HDMI
adaptor display here?
Best, Rui

Aug 21, 2019, 12:28:40 AM8/21/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately it's trial and error in that case.

Start with 11 and increase by 1. The smaller the number, the more it has
to enlarge the image.

If you enlarge too much, it gets pixelated and blurred. If you don't
enlarge enough, the image has less density, and each letter is
represented with fewer pixels.

You just have to find the right balance where you get the best result.

Chi

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 21, 2019, 4:05:49 AM8/21/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rui!

Just for my interest...

When using VOCR on your Mac Pro. Are you able to perform reliable mouse clicks?
I'm asking because this is not possible when using a Mac mini. Regardless if there is a display or a hdmi dummy is plugged in.

Best! / Martin
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/DM6PR05MB58175171C7605D
> 9F69DCADD3CEAA0%40DM6PR05MB5817.namprd05.prod.outlook.com.

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 21, 2019, 4:10:07 AM8/21/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chi!

Didn't you change the current version of VOCR in that way, that the screen size no longer has to be entered in the OCR FrontWindow macros name?

Only the documentation isn't updated so far.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/DM6PR05MB58175171C7605D
> 9F69DCADD3CEAA0%40DM6PR05MB5817.namprd05.prod.outlook.com.

ruivilarinhomusic

Aug 21, 2019, 4:11:24 AM8/21/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com

ruivilarinhomusic

Aug 21, 2019, 6:14:39 AM8/21/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,
I just spend the last hours testing VOCR, well, I believe that it's working
here.
To make sure I tested within iTunes, I used the mouse click VOShift
SpaceBar on the library button and the preferences close button with the
expected result.
Although within the Logic Pro Plugin View indeed any mouse click wont
do nothing.
And I didnt manage to make it work within the Kontakt stand alone also.
It could be because the words that VOCR gives arent buttons or menus? Or,
perhaps because exist transparent windows?! I dont know!
Strangely, I question, shouldnt the mouse cursor folow the VOCR coordnads ?
Thinking here, exist any chance of making a hotkey that jumps the mouse
cursor to the VOCR desire spot?
I even tried with VoiceOver hotspots but with no luck.

Perhaps I'll try to creat my first hotkey or makro. I'm reading the
tutorial .

As regards to renaming the front view inchs makro , well, I did what Chi
suggested and it seems that indeed the feedback is diferent either inch
size. For now I checked it for 19 inchs.

Lastly, do anyone use with success the Logic Pro Kontakt plugin view
makros that Slau nicely shared?
I'm yet reading the Keyboard Maestro tutorial, anyhow, what changes should
I make to make it work?

Best regards, Rui

Aug 22, 2019, 4:50:28 AM8/22/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rui!

If you want to test a littel more, I could send you the KK firmware updater.
This was the referrence app for Chi and my when exploring the VOCR issues for Mac minis.
And you do not need a KK device to run this small app.
Finally the encountered issues are on behalf of Apple and not a failure of VOCR.
If things are consequent and logic, you should have the same issues on a Mac Pro.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/54B53194FC414191A5EC4F6AD
> DCD9CEE%40LG.

ruivilarinhomusic

Aug 22, 2019, 5:23:33 AM8/22/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin, thanks,
Although, I must say that I manage to VOCR and mouse click and open a
couple of Kontakt and Melodyne plugin new windows.
Most of those windows open behind Logic pro plugin window and are totaly
inaccessible, need to use once again the VOCR of course and usually with
success.
What do you think?
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/008701d558c6%24a68dafd0%24f3a90f70%24%40cakewalker.de.

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 22, 2019, 6:08:50 AM8/22/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rui!

Sounds interesting.
Maybe things are different between Mac mini and Pro.

Check the following:
Open your user folder in column view and turn quicknav on.
You should find a file called Screenshot.png, created by VOCR.
Press RightArrow once to enter the files informations area.
Press DownArrow until you reach "Dimensions" and after it "Resolution".
Do you get both informations?
On a Mac mini one information is missing and that causes VOCR to fail in some situations.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/528630C628FF4A1B990C62F4D
> 30A7CB4%40LG.

Chi Kim

Aug 22, 2019, 9:43:48 AM8/22/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

I reverted back, because it takes too long up to 2 minutes in some cases.

Chi

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 22, 2019, 10:02:35 AM8/22/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chi!

When did you? I checked last week...
Could I download now and overinstall?
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/BYAPR05MB581624EF6059202
> B598C1E6FCEA50%40BYAPR05MB5816.namprd05.prod.outlook.com.

Chi Kim

Aug 22, 2019, 11:40:51 AM8/22/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
A couple of weeks ago. Yes, you can.

Chi

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 22, 2019, 12:27:33 PM8/22/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chi!

I just downloaded and installed VOCR from the following link:
https://github.com/chigkim/VOCR/archive/master.zip

After entering the screen size of my MacBook Pro 15 in the OCR Front Window name, I tested the KK firmware updater.
No “Quit” and “Rescan” buttons are recognized.

Then I changed the screen size value to 15.4, because that is the real display size.
Still no luck.

Trying 19 brought back the two buttons.
Than I further tried down to 16.
And 16 seems to be the right choice for the 15.4 inch MacBook Pro.
Also the mouse clicks are working here.

Just to let you know for other users of that Macbook.

Best! / Martin
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/BYAPR05MB5816CB2A28E889BB41500D34CEA50%40BYAPR05MB5816.namprd05.prod.outlook.com.

ruivilarinhomusic

Aug 22, 2019, 1:01:51 PM8/22/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,
Indeed I confirm the same missing "resolution" data.
Appears the "Dimension;
1703 times 2361;
folow by tag editer.

Anyway, curiously I'm able to click here and there but we never know what
I'm missing.

Did you resolved this issue with that Firmeware you mention?
Although I have it turn off if not my interface driver wont work.
Hmm...
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/000b01d558d1%24972bd8e0%24c5838aa0%24%40cakewalker.de.

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 23, 2019, 4:47:31 AM8/23/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rui!

I copied the Komplete Kontrol firmware updater app into my Dropbox for you and other testers.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fizw7g0ljsxzfg5/KKS_MK2_Firmware_Updater.zip?dl=0

Just unpack the zip and you'll get the app with no need to install anything.
If you own a Komplete Kontrol device, please disconnect it before starting.
After opening the app and using VOCR you should find two buttons at the bottom of the VOCR result window.
These are labeled "Quit" and "Rescan".
Now press the "Quit" button by performing a mouse click and you should get back to the Finder window you started from.

If so, congratulation, VOCR is working.

If the two buttons are missing or the mouse click fails, we can assume that the Mac Pro has the same issue like the Mac mini.
No fix for it so far.
In my case I sold my brand new mini at a major loss and bought the current Macbook Pro 15 inch.

Good luck! / Martin
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/9332FFEDBE8B40909926D4C79
> 74DFA5A%40LG.

John Gunn

Aug 23, 2019, 3:29:04 PM8/23/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Martin,

Will this firmware updater work with the Mark1 S61?

John
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/003b01d5598f%2466c04650%243440d2f0%24%40cakewalker.de.

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 23, 2019, 5:40:03 PM8/23/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello John!

The updater is for the S61 MK2.
I would not use it for another modell.

Best! / Martin
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/9A713AB8-DA4C-4E1E-BBF8-C0C541443F16%40tznet.com.

ruivilarinhomusic

Aug 24, 2019, 5:46:32 AM8/24/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,
Although, I dont own yet a Konplete Kontrol, thanks anyway. Let's see if I
get one soon.
Anyhow, I've been using a lot the VOCR and as I told you curiously I can
press mouse clicks with success here and there.
You never achiev that on your Mac mini, is that correct?

Best, Rui

P. S. I dont know what I was thinking to swap fire Wall by firmware! grin.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/003b01d5598f%2466c04650%243440d2f0%24%40cakewalker.de.

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 24, 2019, 6:22:31 AM8/24/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rui!

Yes, you are right.
No mouse clicks on a Mac mini when using VOCR.
Tested with 2 machines.

Please try the KK firmware updater app on your Mac Pro.
You can do this without having such a device connected.
All instructions are listed in my last mail.

Best! / Martin
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/FD292AE400F54A279A54ED429C736514%40LG.

John Gunn

Aug 25, 2019, 12:12:57 AM8/25/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
I thought so but had to ask. smile
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/17AB8B2B-CBDB-45D7-9436-C14FB95EB331%40cakewalker.de.

dingr...@earthlink.net

Aug 26, 2019, 2:33:29 AM8/26/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com

>No mouse clicks on a Mac mini when using VOCR.
>Tested with 2 machines.
>
>Please try the KK firmware updater app on your Mac Pro.
>You can do this without having such a device connected.
>All instructions are listed in my last mail.
>
>Best! / Martin
>

>On Aug 24, 2019, at 11:46, ruivilarinhomusic <ruivilar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Martin,
>Although, I dont own yet a Konplete Kontrol, thanks anyway. Let's see if I get one soon.
>Anyhow, I've been using a lot the VOCR and as I told you curiously I can press mouse clicks with success here and there.
>You never achiev that on your Mac mini, is that correct?
>
>Best, Rui
>

>P. S. I dont know what I was thinking to swap fire Wall by firmware! grin.
>

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin (Punky) Sopart" <ma...@cakewalker.de>

Is there a way to update the keyboard controller using windows?

Rui Vilarinho

Aug 30, 2019, 1:47:08 AM8/30/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Martin and all,
Something is wrong with this VOCR bug theory.
As regards to the test you suggested I get the following curious data:
In fact, on my Mac Pro, the screen shot png file resolution definition is missing.
Plus, the quit and rescan firmware updater buttons are also missing.
Although, now it goes the curious part:
I tested on a MacBook Pro and got the exactly same missing results.
So, the same happen on a MacPro with no display and on a MacBookPro with a display. Both are late 2013 owith High Sierra.
Further more, anyhow, its possible to perform mouse clicks on both machines.

I only didn’t request a sighted person to tell me if the mention resolution definition and the quit and rescan buttons in fact are visible on the screen.
Do you have that confirmation?
Well,what this could mean?
Any thoughts?

Best, Rui

Enviado do meu iPhone
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/506908C3-FED1-480D-9BD3-7E8BC5ABD2EC%40cakewalker.de.

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 30, 2019, 4:34:20 AM8/30/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rui!

For the Mac Pro the results are consequent, when comparing the Mac Pro and mini.

Regarding your Macbook...

1. Is the resolution value for the Screenshot.png file also missing?

2. What is the size of the Macbooks display and what size-value did you entered for the "OCR Front Window"?

Best! / Martin

Rui Vilarinho

Aug 30, 2019, 4:59:55 AM8/30/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Martin,
1. Yes, no resolution value.
2. 13 inch, the same size value that renamed the OCR front window.

Best, Rui

Enviado do meu iPhone

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/002b01d55f0d%24b7d12bd0%2427738370%24%40cakewalker.de.

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 30, 2019, 5:33:47 AM8/30/19
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rui!

Wow, that is more than strange.

On my Macbook the resolution value is there.
Between "Dimensions" and "Color Space".

I only had to find the best value fort he OCR Front Window macro, because the display-size is 15.4 inches.
But setting it to 16, everything is there an clickable.

1. Both machines run Keyboard Maestro 8 and the same/latest VOCR build?

2. Did you - by accident - turn on the screen curtain?
Try VO+Shift+F11.

3. Is the display turned off or disabled somehow?

4. Is the finder window set to column view?
Otherwise the presentation of the file details is different.

Please double chek and confirm the resolution issue.