stupid automation question

Steve Sparrow

Jun 29, 2021, 4:30:59 PM6/29/21
to 'Joy Bausch' via Pro Tools Accessibility
Can someone remind me how to enable plugging automation. I’ve not had to do this for some time. Autotune is the plugin I want to automate.
I generally go through the audio sweet menu, and process the results. \ automating this would surely be a better way i’d think.

Steve

Chuck Reichel

Jun 29, 2021, 5:52:31 PM6/29/21
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,
Hit command 4 to get into automation window.
The plugin automation is at the top of this window VO space on to it activate it or deactivate it.
HTH
Chuck

Chuck Reichel
soundpictu...@gmail.com

Rory McDonald

Jun 29, 2021, 7:20:51 PM6/29/21
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Press command 5 I believe it is to bring up the automation window, make sure the suspend automation button is not selected, then select plug in automation. Go into your plug in of choice, and find the plug in automation enable button, hit that, then first table is the options for what you can automate, second is the ones you've added. When you've found and added the one you want find the close button, then go back to the mix window and make sure the track automation is set to write, go back in the plug in window hit play and automate away.
I probably have some of the details wrong, haven't touched automation in a while but thats pretty much how you do it, hope that helps some.

Rory

> On Jun 29, 2021, at 4:31 PM, Steve Sparrow <st...@sparrowsound.com.au> wrote:
>
> Can someone remind me how to enable plugging automation. I’ve not had to do this for some time. Autotune is the plugin I want to automate.
> I generally go through the audio sweet menu, and process the results. \ automating this would surely be a better way i’d think.
>
> Steve

Slau Halatyn

Jun 29, 2021, 10:17:05 PM6/29/21
to PTAccess List
Hi Steve,

Regular automation involves 3 main things and plug-in automation requires an additional step. As with any automation, Command+4 on the num pad brings up the Automation window where you must make sure that automation is not suspended. Its the first element in the window and make sure it's not selected. Next, make sure Plug-in automation is selected in that window. Next, in your track, make sure your automation mode is set to Write. Then open the plug-in that you wish to automate. In the plug-in window, press the Auto Enable button. In the first text area, double-click on each parameter that you wish to automate. The selected parameters will show up in the text area to the right. Press OK and you're ready to automate the selected parameters. Of course, this is the Readers Digest versin of automating plug-ins but it'll hopefully get you going.
Slau

Steve Sparrow

Jun 29, 2021, 11:04:37 PM6/29/21
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Unreal Slau. Thanks. I’ll give it a run later today.
Thanks also to rory.
Steve