How to make VO speak current position automatically?

John André Lium-Netland

Jan 29, 2024, 8:29:18 AMJan 29
to PT access group
Hi,

In the excellent PT tutorial. in one of the chapters about audio editing, Slau set VoiceOver to automatically announce when the position is changed, so that he for example can move around without checking the position manually all the time.

Can Slau or anyone else tell me how to make VO do that? Does he use focus points or is there a separate function for this in FloTools?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
John André

Slau Halatyn

Jan 29, 2024, 8:35:00 AMJan 29
to PTAccess List
Hi John,

That’s a Flo Tools feature you can engage by pressing Option+Shift+Left or Right Bracket to cycle through several items like Start, end, length, pitch, attack and release velocities. If you want to turn it off,press Option+Shift+Left Bracket until you hear VoiceOver say “no report.” To engage the feature initially, use Option+Shift+Right Bracket and move to the value you wish to have automatically reported.

Hope that helps,
Slau

John André Lium-Netland

Jan 29, 2024, 2:26:21 PMJan 29
to PT access group
Hi,

Thanks a lot. A follow up question:
I use Komplete Kontrol and a S88MK2 with Pro Tools, but find myself often browsing sounds on a different KK track than the one that is record enabled. Is there a proof way to make sure that I’m not loading sounds to a different track than I expect? I thought that moving the record enabled track would sync S88 with PT so that they focused on the same track, but that’s not always the case. Is there a way that S88 can show which track is focused?

I’ll appreciate if you or anyone else have any tips here. :)

Best,
John André
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/0B5F5273-81EE-471F-81A2-009438747A39%40gmail.com.

Slau Halatyn

Jan 29, 2024, 2:28:50 PMJan 29
to PTAccess List
I think there’s a way to ensure by choosing the instance from the KK controller but I haven’t used that method all that much. More often than not, I freeze tracks so when I’m creating a new instance, the keyboard will automatically focus the instance on the newly-created track.