About macbook pro with touch bar

Juan Pablo Culasso Alonso

Mar 16, 2021, 9:42:23 AM3/16/21
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello all, my macbook pro died and I am thinking replacing the machine with a new one. Anyone uses the macbook pro with the touch bar? How you manage this. Is usable or for faster tasks you plug an external keyboard?
Thanks,
JP

John Covici

Mar 16, 2021, 10:16:59 AM3/16/21
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
I use an external keyboard, and I think they have abolished the
touchbar in the latest Macbooks. Mine is several years old and has
it, but its not of that much use.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
cov...@ccs.covici.com

Ignasi Cambra

Mar 16, 2021, 10:21:17 AM3/16/21
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
I personally don’t like the touch bar. Don’t take me wrong, it’s perfectly usable and it works well with VoiceOver, but in my case I found that I never used it, and when I did it was mostly as function keys. If I were you I would probably wait for a few months and get the next Macbook Pro model, which is likely to bring the standard keyboard back, without the touch bar. Physical function keys are important for me when using PT, and as much as I do like using an external extended keyboard when working at home, I also want to be able to work comfortably on the laptop itself.

Hope that helps,

Ignasi

Ignasi Cambra

Mar 16, 2021, 10:22:48 AM3/16/21
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
No, the latest M1 Macbook Pro still comes with a touch bar, but it seems like it will be the last one.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/m3v99rw5d5.wl-covici%40ccs.covici.com.

Steve Martin

Mar 16, 2021, 11:06:25 AM3/16/21
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
For Voiceover and things like Volume control you don’t have to use the Touch Bar. You can do VO+FN and the number 2 for example instead of VO F2. Also VO plus and minus will turn the volume up and down. For non VO things you will have to use the Touch Bar Function keys though, Also to turn VO on/Off you can do Command and triple press the power button.