looks like another bug

cov...@ccs.covici.com

Apr 7, 2023, 8:25:05 PM4/7/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Looks like I have another bug -- I cannot start pt under Venture
with the playback engine set to builtin speakers.

Here is the error

Could not complete your request because Assertion in "/Users/autobld/gitlabci/PT/release/2023/r1/ProTools/DFW/Views/UGridView.cpp", line 2812.

(Use the Copy button to copy this message to the clipboard.).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Apr 8, 2023, 2:42:57 AM4/8/23
to 'Stefan Albertshauser' via Pro Tools Accessibility
Hello!

It's the same bug PT-298075 I already reported.
Due to the Ventura update from version 13.2.1 to version 13.3 the line number changed from 2814to 2812.
Same for latest Ventura 13.3.1.

Best! / Martin

On Mar 25, 2023, at 9:59 AM, Martin (Punky) Sopart <ma...@cakewalker.de> wrote:

Hello!

Just for your information...

The bug PT-298075 still exists in Pro Tools 2023.3.

Best! / Martin

On Mar 17, 2023, at 6:32 PM, Martin (Punky) Sopart <ma...@cakewalker.de>
wrote:

Hello all!

The issue has been logged in Avid's system as bug PT-298075 and has to be
tested by the engineering team.

Latest Pro Tools (PT) version 2022.12 unter Ventura 13.2.1 (Intel).

Start the VoiceOver (VO) screenreader - Command+F5.

Open any PT session that will bring up a "session notes, some I/O is
missing" or "missing plug-in" message/dialog and the assertion error will
occur.

Best! / Martin

John Covici

Apr 8, 2023, 4:24:16 AM4/8/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
OK, thanks. Any way to start pt, or do I have to wait till they fix
the bug?

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
cov...@ccs.covici.com

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Apr 8, 2023, 5:23:17 AM4/8/23
to 'Stefan Albertshauser' via Pro Tools Accessibility
Hello John!

You have to turn off VoiceOver before opening any session which could cause a session notes, missing AAX plug-in or any other message/dialog like that.
Having turned VO off you could answer the session notes and missing AAX plug-in dialogs by pressing the letter "n".
Further you could force the playback engine dialog to pop up during launching Pro Tools by pressing and holding the letter "n".
After quitting those eventual dialogs successful you can launch VO again.
Not perfect but it's working for me here.
To make things a bit easier I wrote a Keyboard Maestro macro to speak the current app and window name via keyboard shortcut and the system speech, without VoiceOver.

Best! / Martin
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/m3y1n2vl21.wl-covici%40ccs.covici.com.

Juan Pablo Culasso Alonso

Apr 8, 2023, 9:57:52 AM4/8/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Martin,

Can you share that macro?
Thanks,
Juan
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/930151A5-7C0E-4A00-B4A2-A1589BBEBFE1%40cakewalker.de.

John Covici

Apr 8, 2023, 1:32:33 PM4/8/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
OK, thanks, I will see if I can do that.

On Sat, 08 Apr 2023 05:23:03 -0400,
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/930151A5-7C0E-4A00-B4A2-A1589BBEBFE1%40cakewalker.de.

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Apr 8, 2023, 3:12:12 PM4/8/23
to 'Stefan Albertshauser' via Pro Tools Accessibility
Hello John!

Here is the macro.
Just save import it and it should work.
The key combination is Control+Option+Command+Return.

Best! / Martin

ReadAppAndWindowName.kmmacros

Juan Pablo Culasso Alonso

Apr 8, 2023, 4:03:23 PM4/8/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks!

John Covici

Apr 8, 2023, 5:05:22 PM4/8/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
After uninstalling and re installing 23.3 I get
Trying to create a new document, I get:

Could not create a new document because Assertion in "/Users/autobld/gitlabci/PT_COLOR/ProTools/App/Misc/UDashboardListView.cpp", line 1189.
So, no joy here.

On Sat, 08 Apr 2023 15:11:59 -0400,
Martin (Punky) Sopart wrote:

> [1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
> [2 ReadAppAndWindowName.kmmacros <application/octet-stream (7bit)>]
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
> <plist version="1.0">
> <array>
> <dict>
> <key>Activate</key>
> <string>Normal</string>
> <key>CreationDate</key>
> <real>700712940.03348398</real>
> <key>Macros</key>
> <array>
> <dict>
> <key>Actions</key>
> <array>
> <dict>
> <key>ActionUID</key>
> <integer>20249</integer>
> <key>MacroActionType</key>
> <string>SpeakText</string>
> <key>Rate</key>
> <string>Default</string>
> <key>Text</key>
> <string>%Application%1%%WindowName%0%</string>
> <key>TimeOutAbortsMacro</key>
> <true/>
> <key>Voice</key>
> <string></string>
> <key>Volume</key>
> <integer>20</integer>
> </dict>
> </array>
> <key>CreationDate</key>
> <real>700808403.55168903</real>
> <key>ModificationDate</key>
> <real>701457933.61075306</real>
> <key>Name</key>
> <string>ReadAppAndWindowName</string>
> <key>Triggers</key>
> <array>
> <dict>
> <key>FireType</key>
> <string>Tapped</string>
> <key>KeyCode</key>
> <integer>36</integer>
> <key>MacroTriggerType</key>
> <string>HotKey</string>
> <key>Modifiers</key>
> <integer>6400</integer>
> <key>TapCount</key>
> <integer>1</integer>
> </dict>
> </array>
> <key>UID</key>
> <string>F9AEB7D8-8369-482A-AF2F-AAD41812CC3B</string>
> </dict>
> </array>
> <key>Name</key>
> <string>PunkyUtility</string>
> <key>ToggleMacroUID</key>
> <string>B31590EF-85C8-4A50-A502-5D0C1CA7CD06</string>
> <key>UID</key>
> <string>19E3810D-3592-4386-97D0-8D881A2E51FD</string>
> </dict>
> </array>
> </plist>
> [3 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
>
> On Apr 8, 2023, at 3:57 PM, Juan Pablo Culasso Alonso <jpcu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/2E210FE7-F53C-402C-BEFA-AB4561C7F0BF%40gmail.com.

Steve Baskis

Apr 8, 2023, 5:34:43 PM4/8/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
So depending on whether or not you're using flo tools, you could from the Mac finder window ,open your documents folder with the command shift oh shortcut. Navigate and find the ProTools folder, then go into that folder and find the session templates folder. Here you will find session template folders that are generally located in the dashboard template section of ProTools when you first load the application. Find the flow tools folder and within it you will find the file: flotoolssessiontemplate.PTXT

If you click on that file, ProTools will load to the dashboard screen that allows you to name the session and select all the parameters related to creating a session. If you are not using flow tools, you could go into any of the other session template folders and find the dot PTXT file to load ProTools and the dashboard for naming and saving your session.

This is just a different way to load ProTools and get your session named and saved in the correct location. I believe it will work, since that is the behavior I have experienced using my 2020 Mac mini M1 machine with Ventura 13.3.1 and ProTools 23.3.

Let us know if that gets you into ProTools?

Respectfully,
Steve Baskis