Saving XLN AD2 factory presets as TFX

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Jan 11, 2023, 4:41:27 AM1/11/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello all!

Maybe I'm missing something here.
Is there an easier and more accessible way to load e. g. the XLN AD2 factory
presets to save them as TFX in Pro tools?
At the moment I'm fighting with the preset browser of AD2 AAX by using VOCR.

Thanks and best! / Martin

Chuck Reichel

Jan 11, 2023, 12:23:18 PM1/11/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,
Like I said in a previous email If you know the coordinates of the load button for ADD you find the closest VO recognizable button first.
In the waves plug in non accessible tool bar I use this as a starting point below;

heres the pt plugin window vo reference;
inactive Compare button
Remember this example is only using the “stock” apple accessible function called “voice Control” nothing else! :)
Heres the way I do it with Waves plugs.
Step 1 I find and mark a vo hotspot on the inactive Compare button.
Step 2 using my headset mic I say;
Move cursor down 20 pixels.
Next step I say “click” which opens the waves load menu.
Now I navigate with vo to all the factory presets folders and pick the folder I want to start loading waves plugs from.
Lets say I find a preset called “heavy kick” when vo reads the name I copy the name to the vo clipboard then vo space on it and it loads.
Now using all the vo accessible parts of the plug in I choose save as and then paste the vo clipboard name in and hit save thats it.
Its sounds like a process but its not hard at all!
the easiest way of course is get sighted assistance and do all the presets and be done with it! ;)
If you want hit me up of list and I’ll walk you through the easy steps.
HTH
Chuck

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Jan 12, 2023, 2:36:44 AM1/12/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chuck!

Thanks a lot for your help.

So I did everything correctly here.
Problem is the concept and architecture of XLN's apps and plug-ins.
When loading AD2 AAX you have to mouse click on the current selected preset name to open up their preset browser.
Here you get a list with previous and next buttons as well as other sorting and filtering options.
Due to the kind of GUI all interactions have to be done by OCR and mouse.
No VO support at all.

Have you also been successful with the latest StutterEdit2?

Best wishes! / Martin
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/5E213341-EF51-4BC8-98A5-6FB0EF61F423%40gmail.com.

Steve Baskis

Jan 13, 2023, 8:15:48 PM1/13/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Not entirely sure if there is an easier way. From what I remember, I found the location of where the next and previous buttons are located within the plug-in window and the standalone application window inside addictive drums. You could do this with coordinates or image recognition. Once I accomplished that, I had the ability to create a macro to move the mouse to those locations, this was possible in both the standalone window and plug-in window. It was then very easy to advance the preset forward, then scan the screen and copy the name of the preset, while then executing the command to save a track preset in ProTools.

A tip for using VOCR if you don’t already know, is to turn off the reset mouse pointer location option with: control, command, shift,R. If you enable this, your mouse pointer will not reset to the top left corner of the screen.

I think the only sighted assistance I required was, image recognition of next and previous arrows that exist in the addictive drums plug-in/application. I applied those images to a keyboardmaestro macro like I mentioned above, and I was able to use the keyboard shortcut option, left for previous an option right for next. From there, I automated everything and it was a breeze to save presets out in a matter of seconds

I understand that this is not necessarily simple, but to save out hundreds if not thousands of presets very quickly, this is an optimal solution.

Flo mouse gives you the ability to find your mouse coordinates and location on screen, which can be very helpful for inaccessible windows and creating macros to move your mouse pointer to. I’ve fooled around with using image recognition with this application/plug-in, because it seem to work really well, due to the nature of how addictive drums was graphically created. I then could use the macros in both the standalone and plug-in window, without having to make new macros, or other Actions. Personally, learning keyboard maestro, and other things has really allowed me to create more accessibility for myself when I need it.

Hope this helps,
Steve Baskis

> On Jan 11, 2023, at 04:41, Martin (Punky) Sopart <ma...@cakewalker.de> wrote:
>
> Hello all!

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Jan 27, 2023, 1:58:15 AM1/27/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Steve and list!

So far I've been able to create my first beta macros for Keyboard Maestro.
Using VOCR, Flo Mouse and persistence I found all screen coordinates to switch presets, ADPaks and activate the preset search field in AD2 standalone.
Further by using Apple's OCR shortcuts inside Keyboard Maestro the scanned preset name is spoken after switching.
Now I'm bringin all that to AD2 AAX and then the creation of TFX preset setting files will be possible 😊

Thanks for pointing me in that direction and best! / Martin
Jan 27, 2023, 1:39:39 PM1/27/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
I’m glad you are exploring keyboardmaestro and Macros more…

They are very helpful indeed.

Respectfully,
Steve Baskis.