Unable get ldaps to work

Keef

Nov 25, 2015, 7:58:26 AM11/25/15
to privacyidea
Hi, I am trying to get PrivacyIDEA to connect to my OpenLDAP Server with self signed TLS cert.

ldap://ldap.mydomain = Your LDAP config seems to be OK, 0 user objects found.
ldaps://ldap.mydomain = LDAPServerPoolExhaustedError('no active server available in server pool',)

I can use a windows tool "LDAP Admin" to connect to the LDAP Server with and without TLS.

I have had a look in the logs but have been unable to spot anything awry. I am guessing it might be a issue with my certificate being self signed but I don't want to purchase a cert justnow so if that is the problem I would like to get PrivacyIDEA to accept my cert for the time being.

Can any help ?

Thanks
Keith

Keef

Nov 25, 2015, 8:12:37 AM11/25/15
to privacyidea
Ah, I've figured it out. I thought it was possible to do a ldaps:// connection to port 389. It might just be the way I have configured my OpenLDAP server but I thought you could connect on port 389 and the connection would get upgraded to TLS... Anyway I realied that OpenLDAP service was listening on both ports 389 and 636 but the firewall on my OpenLDAP server was blocking port 636 so that is the reason I couldn't connect with ldaps:// Opening port 636 has resolved this problem for me.

Cheers
Keith

Cornelius Kölbel

Nov 25, 2015, 8:14:52 AM11/25/15
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hi Keith,

great. Glad this turned out ok.

If you have any other problems or issues, please do not hesitate to drop
them here.

Kind regards
Cornelius

Cornelius Kölbel
corneliu...@netknights.it
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
http://www.netknights.it
Landgraf-Karl-Str. 19, 34131 Kassel, Germany
Tel: +49 561 3166797, Fax: +49 561 3166798

Amtsgericht Kassel, HRB 16405
Geschäftsführer: Cornelius Kölbel

signature.asc