Admin Policy's not working

jmdeking

Jul 27, 2016, 7:41:58 AM7/27/16
to privacyidea
Hi there,

I cant seem to wrap my head around this.

I make a simple admin policy using the template helpdesk and fill in the field 'Admin' the local user helpdesk i created but then i am also locked out with my default 'admin' account.

I read the docs multiple times but i dont understand how does is supposed to work.

Version: 2.13-1trusty
Ubuntu 14.04.3
Mysql Database

jmdeking

Aug 1, 2016, 4:55:35 AM8/1/16
to privacyidea
My fault, i have to define 2 policy's, 1 for the admin and 1 for the helpdesk else by default you have no rights for the account that is undefined.

Solved :)

Cornelius Kölbel

Aug 1, 2016, 4:59:24 AM8/1/16
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Correct.
As soon as you define a policy in scope "admin" (or scope "user")
all admins are checked for policies.
Thus, if the original "superadmin" would not be located in
helpdesk-admin-policy, the superadmin will end up with no rights.

The best practice is to always start with a superadmin.

Thanks for reporting back.

Kind regards
Cornelius
> --
> Please read the blog post about getting help
> https://www.privacyidea.org/getting-help/.
>
> For professional services and consultancy regarding two factor
> authentication please visit
> https://netknights.it/en/leistungen/one-time-services/
>
> In an enterprise environment you should get a SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT
> which suites your needs for SECURITY, AVAILABILITY and LIABILITY:
> https://netknights.it/en/leistungen/service-level-agreements/
> ---
> Groups "privacyidea" group.
> an email to privacyidea...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/privacyidea.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/privacyidea/c69c7e99-07c9-48dd-b5fd-22509dffc71a%40googlegroups.com.

Cornelius Kölbel
corneliu...@netknights.it
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
http://www.netknights.it
Landgraf-Karl-Str. 19, 34131 Kassel, Germany
Tel: +49 561 3166797, Fax: +49 561 3166798

Amtsgericht Kassel, HRB 16405
Geschäftsführer: Cornelius Kölbel

signature.asc