Setup translation

Houmanic

Jan 4, 2016, 7:49:53 AM1/4/16
to privacyidea
Dear Cornelius

We're going to apply the translation over the site and did the instruction from the manual. The grunt and its dependencies have been installed. However, the "make translate" command cannot find the "Rule" (for test).  Tthere is no "po" directory anywhere and I cannot find any "pot" file related to the package.

Am I missing something?

Cornelius Kölbel

Jan 4, 2016, 9:11:40 AM1/4/16
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hello Houman,

Did you follow the instructions in the FAQ?
http://privacyidea.readthedocs.org/en/latest/faq/index.html#how-can-i-translate-to-my-language

You do not need to run "make translate". The normal "Make translate"
only contains the german language. Oher languages could be added.

Which command did produce which error exactly?

Kind regards
Cornelius

Cornelius Kölbel
corneliu...@netknights.it
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
http://www.netknights.it
Landgraf-Karl-Str. 19, 34131 Kassel, Germany
Tel: +49 561 3166797, Fax: +49 561 3166798

Amtsgericht Kassel, HRB 16405
Geschäftsführer: Cornelius Kölbel

signature.asc

Houmanic

Jan 4, 2016, 10:24:09 AM1/4/16
to privacyidea
Yes, I did.
And yes, I know that it just contains the German language for now. I run "make translate" just to test how the translation can apply and find out how it looks. However, the command reply is: "make: *** No rule to make target 'translate'. Stop."

So it seems it cannot find the related translate file, wherever I run it. Afterwards, based on the instructoin, I installed the grunt and it plugins in the package directory: / usr / lib / python2.7 / dist-packages / privacyidea
It creates node_modules directory, however the instruction asked to change the directory to "po" which is not available in the whole system. As I learn from the grunt documents, the translation file are in ".pot" format which are not available for the package as well.

Cornelius Kölbel

Jan 4, 2016, 12:00:00 PM1/4/16
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hello Houman,

To do the translation you need to clone the git repository!

git clone https://github.com/privacyidea/privacyidea.git

Then you need to run

make translate

in the top level directory.

The Makefile there has a target "translate".

Please follow the howto to install grunt locally:

npm update -g npm
# install grunt cli in system
sudo npm install -g grunt-cli

# install grunt in project directory
npm install grunt --save-dev
# Install grunt gettext plugin
npm install grunt-angular-gettext --save-dev

The po/ directory is also at the top level directory.

Kind regards
Cornelius
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/privacyidea/ee8602ff-f504-40e5-b1d2-3e8955a1b716%40googlegroups.com.
signature.asc