A bug with "user details"(/user/details/)

Sergey Kolosovski

Apr 1, 2016, 7:54:37 AM4/1/16
to privacyidea
Hello Cornelius!

Could you please check if it is a bug in your deployment. I have a strange behavior of user details page which gets users from LDAP resolver...
How to reproduce:
Under admin scope go to Users -> All users -> click on any username in the "username" column. You'll see a details page for this user with all the fields grabbed from LDAP like username, phone, email etc.. Everything is OK here.
Then click "view user in audit log". While on this page click on a the username in the column "user" and you'll get on user details page once again, BUT with no details in any of the fields(username, phone, email etc.). They all are blank. Istead I have my own login name in Mobile field

Sergey Kolosovski

Apr 1, 2016, 7:55:18 AM4/1/16
to privacyidea
PI ver is 2.11

Cornelius Kölbel

Apr 1, 2016, 8:18:02 AM4/1/16
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sergey,

I can not reproduce this.

First note: When you go from the user details to the audit log it only
matches the username - not the realm and resolver.
I.e. you could see the audit logs of selectedUser@realm1 and
selectedUser@realm2.

When clicking on a username you could return to the OTHER user.

Then: You should check if you are logged out in the meantime.
Can you please activate developer view in your browser and watch out for
errors in the debug output or the network output?

THanks a lot
Cornelius
> --
> Please read the blog post about getting help
> https://www.privacyidea.org/getting-help/.
>
> For professional services and consultancy regarding two factor
> authentication please visit
> https://netknights.it/en/leistungen/one-time-services/
>
> In an enterprise environment you should get a SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT
> which suites your needs for SECURITY, AVAILABILITY and LIABILITY:
> https://netknights.it/en/leistungen/service-level-agreements/
> ---
> Groups "privacyidea" group.
> an email to privacyidea...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/privacyidea.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/privacyidea/9ab3ccaf-bbc0-425e-b0ea-5fba41a41fe1%40googlegroups.com.

Cornelius Kölbel
corneliu...@netknights.it
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
http://www.netknights.it
Landgraf-Karl-Str. 19, 34131 Kassel, Germany
Tel: +49 561 3166797, Fax: +49 561 3166798

Amtsgericht Kassel, HRB 16405
Geschäftsführer: Cornelius Kölbel

signature.asc

Sergey Kolosovski

Apr 1, 2016, 9:17:12 AM4/1/16
to privacyidea
First note: When you go from the user details to the audit log it only
matches the username - not the realm and resolver.
I.e. you could see the audit logs of selectedUser@realm1 and
selectedUser@realm2.

Yes, and I don't have problems with it.
The problem is when I go from this audit log to user details. PI correctly identifies the realm, but doesn't show any user details, for example when I get from audit log to user details by clicking on user name I'm moving to the following url:
these fields <realm name>(the default one) and <user name> are correct

Then: You should check if you are logged out in the meantime.
yes. I am logged in ad I can browse all other sections of PI

Can you please activate developer view in your browser and watch out for
errors in the debug output or the network output?

I'm dot sure where exactly to dig there, but I see one error:

Please not the checkbox in red square. If it checked I cannot reproduce. Everything works.
I also checked in Chrome's anonymous mode - it is reproduced, this mean that extensions don't affect.
In Firefox - it doesn't reproduced, so it works in ff.

Cornelius Kölbel

Apr 1, 2016, 3:00:23 PM4/1/16
to priva...@googlegroups.com
I think I understood the problem.
I submitted an issue
https://github.com/privacyidea/privacyidea/issues/357
and will push the fix.

Kind regards
Cornelius

Am Freitag, den 01.04.2016, 06:17 -0700 schrieb Sergey Kolosovski:
> First note: When you go from the user details to the audit log
> it only
> matches the username - not the realm and resolver.
> I.e. you could see the audit logs of selectedUser@realm1 and
> selectedUser@realm2.
>
> Yes, and I don't have problems with it.
> The problem is when I go from this audit log to user details. PI
> correctly identifies the realm, but doesn't show any user details, for
> example when I get from audit log to user details by clicking on user
> name I'm moving to the following url:
>
> these fields <realm name>(the default one) and <user name> are correct
>
> Then: You should check if you are logged out in the meantime.
> yes. I am logged in ad I can browse all other sections of PI
>
> Can you please activate developer view in your browser and
> watch out for
> errors in the debug output or the network output?
>
> I'm dot sure where exactly to dig there, but I see one error:
>

> Please not the checkbox in red square. If it checked I cannot
> reproduce. Everything works.
> I also checked in Chrome's anonymous mode - it is reproduced, this
> mean that extensions don't affect.
> In Firefox - it doesn't reproduced, so it works in ff.
> --
> Please read the blog post about getting help
> https://www.privacyidea.org/getting-help/.
>
> For professional services and consultancy regarding two factor
> authentication please visit
> https://netknights.it/en/leistungen/one-time-services/
>
> In an enterprise environment you should get a SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT
> which suites your needs for SECURITY, AVAILABILITY and LIABILITY:
> https://netknights.it/en/leistungen/service-level-agreements/
> ---
> Groups "privacyidea" group.
> an email to privacyidea...@googlegroups.com.