"Unknown value Perl for attribute Auth-Type" in Freeradius

Houmanic

Aug 14, 2015, 7:02:46 AM8/14/15
to privacyidea
Hello there

I've installed Privacyidea on Debian Wheezy and tried to configure Freeradius plugin based on your documentation. Everything seems OK, till I add "DEFAULT Auth-Type := Perl" to the users file in Freeradius directorey, then the Freeradius service doesn't start and its log file shows these:

Fri Aug 14 15:10:10 2015 : Info: Signalled to terminate
Fri Aug 14 15:10:10 2015 : Info: Exiting normally.
Fri Aug 14 15:10:10 2015 : Error: /etc/freeradius/users[1]: Parse error (check) for entry DEFAULT: Unknown value Perl for attribute Auth-Type
Fri Aug 14 15:10:10 2015 : Error: Errors reading /etc/freeradius/users
Fri Aug 14 15:10:10 2015 : Error: /etc/freeradius/modules/files[7]: Instantiation failed for module "files"
Fri Aug 14 15:10:10 2015 : Error: /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default[170]: Failed to load module "files".
Fri Aug 14 15:10:10 2015 : Error: /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default[69]: Errors parsing authorize section.
Fri Aug 14 15:10:10 2015 : Error: Failed to load virtual server <default>

I'm going to get access to the Active Directory users so the AD users can be read thru LDAP and I can authenticate a test user which I set in Freeradius users file, by the help of NTRadPing test utility throughout the AD server.
I've searched for the Freeradius errors but I could not find any solution to this problem.

Any help would be appreciate!

Cornelius Kölbel

Aug 15, 2015, 2:57:23 AM8/15/15
to Houmanic, privacyidea
Which files do you have in /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/ ?

Kind regards
Cornelius

Cornelius Kölbel
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
Landgraf-Karl-Str. 19, 34131 Kassel, Germany

Amtsgericht Kassel, HRB 16405
Geschäftsführer: Cornelius Kölbel

Von: Houmanic <houm...@gmail.com>
Datum: 14.08.2015 13:02 (GMT+01:00)
An: privacyidea <priva...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: "Unknown value Perl for attribute Auth-Type" in Freeradius

Houmanic

Aug 15, 2015, 3:26:14 AM8/15/15
to privacyidea, houm...@gmail.com
It contains "default, inner-tunnel" files by default and "privacyidea" created by linking to the privacyidea file in sites-available.

Cornelius Kölbel

Von: Houmanic <houm...@gmail.com>
Datum: 15.08.2015 09:26 (GMT+01:00)
An: privacyidea <priva...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: houm...@gmail.com

It contains "default, inner-tunnel" files by default and "privacyidea" created by linking to the privacyidea file in sites-available.

Sam Weston

Aug 24, 2015, 7:54:06 AM8/24/15
to privacyidea, houm...@gmail.com
I have the exact same problem on CentOS 7. I'm using 2.6dev0 because older versions have a dependency problem when installing via pip. Removing default and inner-tunnel sadly doesn't help.

Here is the end of the radiusd -X output:

  # Loaded module rlm_files
  # Instantiating module "files" from file /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/files
  files {
  filename = "/etc/raddb/mods-config/files/authorize"
  usersfile = "/etc/raddb/mods-config/files/authorize"
  acctusersfile = "/etc/raddb/mods-config/files/accounting"
  preproxy_usersfile = "/etc/raddb/mods-config/files/pre-proxy"
  compat = "cistron"
  }
reading pairlist file /etc/raddb/mods-config/files/authorize
/etc/raddb/mods-config/files/authorize[57]: Parse error (check) for entry DEFAULT: Unknown value 'Perl' for attribute 'Auth-Type'
Failed reading /etc/raddb/mods-config/files/authorize
/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/files[9]: Instantiation failed for module "files"

I might just give up and install on Ubuntu 14.04

Sam

Cornelius Kölbel

Aug 24, 2015, 8:32:25 AM8/24/15
to Sam Weston, privacyidea, houm...@gmail.com
Hi Sam,

this seems simple.

The error is, that the Auth-Type "Perl" is not known.

But it looks like the perl module on centos is contained in the package
freeradius-perl.

yum install freeradius-perl

On CentOS the freeradius config is organized in a slightly different
way, which I do not know.
Start by adding

/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/perl

with the contents like

perl {
module = /usr/share/privacyidea/freeradius/privacyidea_radius.pm
}

Kind regards
Cornelius
Cornelius Kölbel
corneliu...@netknights.it
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
http://www.netknights.it
signature.asc

Sam Weston

Aug 24, 2015, 10:22:34 AM8/24/15
to privacyidea, sam.w...@snowflakesoftware.com, houm...@gmail.com
Hi Cornelius,

The help is very much appreciated. I've got the correct package installed already and had what you suggested in my mods-enabled/perl file.

That gave me:
/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/perl[7]: Configuration item "module" is deprecated
/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/perl[7]: Replace "module" with "filename"

So I did what it told me and changed it to filename = .pmfilepatch which got me to the error I posted in my earlier message.

Thanks
Sam

Cornelius Kölbel

Aug 25, 2015, 2:48:14 AM8/25/15
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

I realize centos 7 uses freeradius 3 which has a slightly different
configuration.

The differences between freeradius 2 and 3 are here:
http://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_perl

But honestly I also fail getting it to work.

I will post a request on the freeradius mailing list.

Kind regards
Cornelius
> Winner of IHS Jane's ATC Award - Enabling Technology
> Read more

signature.asc

Cornelius Kölbel

Aug 28, 2015, 9:29:40 AM8/28/15
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

please try this configuration:

in sites-enabled/privacyidea do:

authorize {
[...]
update control {
Auth-Type := Perl
}
}

and in the authenticate section:

authenticate {
Auth-Type Perl {
perl
}
}

Then place the privacyidea perl module somewhere like
/etc/raddb/mods-config/perl/privacyidea.pm

and in /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/perl do a
filename = ${modconfdir}/${.:instance}/privacyidea.pm

That worked for me.

Running CentOS 7 contains feeradius 3, which also comes with rlm_python.
Maybe we should provide a nice python module... :-)

Kind regards
Cornelius
signature.asc