PrivacyID3A and OAuth

s.vla...@sae.edu

Nov 25, 2016, 10:15:49 AM11/25/16
to privacyidea
Hi all.

I am trying to figure out how I could take advantage of PrivacyID3A in order to authenticate Radius users with Google accounts via OAuth. Didn't found any relative documentation regarding OAuth and PrivacyID3A so far.

Craig Inches

Nov 25, 2016, 4:26:19 PM11/25/16
to s.vla...@sae.edu, privacyidea
Hi Stelios,

Can you just clarify the use case a bit.

Are the user accounts in Radius OR Google? i.e you want users with
accounts in a Radius server to use those accounts to access web mail?
OR do you want the google accounts to be allowed access to Radius
controlled services? Also do you need use OAuth or OAuth 2.0 ??

Cheers,
Craig
> --
> Please read the blog post about getting help
> https://www.privacyidea.org/getting-help/.
>
> For professional services and consultancy regarding two factor
> authentication please visit
> https://netknights.it/en/leistungen/one-time-services/
>
> In an enterprise environment you should get a SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT which
> suites your needs for SECURITY, AVAILABILITY and LIABILITY:
> https://netknights.it/en/leistungen/service-level-agreements/
> ---
> "privacyidea" group.
> email to privacyidea...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/privacyidea.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/privacyidea/0a4d107e-0454-4845-a302-b9bfecaa341e%40googlegroups.com.

s.vla...@sae.edu

Nov 28, 2016, 5:58:07 AM11/28/16
to privacyidea, s.vla...@sae.edu
Hi Craig

Nice to see you here as well :) The accounts are in Google so what I want to achieve is to be able to authenticate a network client via 802.1x by using his/her Google account. So the idea is to setup a Radius that will use existing Google Accounts via PrivacyID3A and/or OAuth. Some configuration I found for OAuth and Radius unfortunately didn't work :(