Meetup

James Wade

Apr 8, 2020, 12:38:09 PM4/8/20
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Just wanted to fire out a quick message to check in.

I appreciate that during this time of unusual circumstances, we're not meeting up as normal.

The idea of a hackspace was as much to me about being social and having an outlet to chat about whatever we were working on, as being a physical workspace, so I think it's important that we make an effort to stay in touch.

A few of us stay in touch through Facebook, Hangouts and Whatsapp. I really want to be as inclusive as possible and open this up to everyone. So, as everyone has email, I'm starting here.

I'm really keen to hear what everyone has been up to during the lockdown. What have you been up to? What have you found interesting recently? Let us know.

An idea I've been toying with is having an online meetup, perhaps using Zoom, Twitch or something similar. It's certainly something we've discussed in the past, and now is probably a good time to do it.

If there's any demand for this, we'll make arrangements to make it happen.

Let me know what you think.

Stay safe.

Cheers.

Sarah Davis

Apr 8, 2020, 1:18:03 PM4/8/20
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
I've been fine tuning my new 3d printer. Really need to get a dremel onto some parts to smooth them out a little though.

Sarah

Sent from my iPhone

stoketrack

Apr 8, 2020, 8:15:36 PM4/8/20
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Cheers James......hope your all staying safe during this awful.period.........Im still out in the Phillipines dont know how longnitll be be before im back in uk......but ill be in touch ..when I get back.
   Steve..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

dpd...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2020, 7:41:50 AM4/9/20
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi Group

bit bored so I built a kit of ebay took about 2 hours.

Search Ebay for GM328 I paid about £10.00 for UK seller but seems to have gone up a couple of quid now. Manual PDF link below
need to check what you buy as box isn't always included. Also ready made model a bit more expensive
test transistors resistor capacitors frequency in and out IR decode/encode dallas temperature DS18b20 and some others.
Colour Display 9V battery power or PSU
Open source project

Cheers Paul

Hackspace