[Play-framework][2.5.x-] Speed up compile time

azwar akbar

Feb 4, 2017, 12:52:17 AM2/4/17
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to speed up compile time. I want to make hit reload become faster.

Slow reload makes me feel bad.

For your info my hardware is Mac Pro Retina with Intel i5 and 8Gb of RAM.

Thanks.

Matthias Kurz

Feb 4, 2017, 6:09:33 AM2/4/17
to Play Framework
If you don't updated yet, make sure you use sbt version 0.13.13. It shipped some performance enhancements regarding compilation times.

azwar akbar

Feb 4, 2017, 7:45:48 AM2/4/17
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

Thank you. I will check it out.

On 4 Feb 2017 6:09 p.m., "Matthias Kurz" <m.k...@irregular.at> wrote:
If you don't updated yet, make sure you use sbt version 0.13.13. It shipped some performance enhancements regarding compilation times.

azwar akbar

Feb 4, 2017, 9:54:47 AM2/4/17
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I have change my sbt version. And it is much better now.

Does templating engine also affecting compile time? I mean if we are using scala templating engine, does it compile the scala syntax in template?
--

Best regards,
Azwar Akbar

Byron Weber Becker

Feb 4, 2017, 3:32:37 PM2/4/17
to Play Framework

On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 9:54:47 AM UTC-5, w4l4nk wrote:
I have change my sbt version. And it is much better now.

Does templating engine also affecting compile time? I mean if we are using scala templating engine, does it compile the scala syntax in template?

The templating engine affects compile time in that it must be compiled.  But SBT is very good about only compiling the things that need to be compiled.