osxsnarf

Jason Felice

Sep 18, 2019, 8:32:28 AM9/18/19
to plan9p...@googlegroups.com
I dusted off and fixed up osxsnarf, and it is now available here: https://github.com/eraserhd/osxsnarf .  I'll soon make it available in the Nix package repository also.

On a related note, there's quite a stack of unattended pull requests on plan9port, including some seemingly uncontroversial ones.  Is there anything I can do to bump this process along?

-Jason

andrey mirtchovski

Sep 18, 2019, 11:12:09 AM9/18/19
to Jason Felice, plan9port-dev
I really don't know about p9p. Russ maintains it, but he appears busy.
Perhaps ask him for a commit status or just fork it :)

good work with osxsnarf!

andrey
> --
>
> ---

andrey mirtchovski

Sep 18, 2019, 8:05:24 PM9/18/19
to Lyndon Nerenberg, plan9port-dev
if it gets someone out of a rut sure, why not? it's not like these are
projects people vying to contribute to. i think a bunch of unanswered
pull requests speaks more to it than just another fork.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 5:57 PM Lyndon Nerenberg <lyn...@orthanc.ca> wrote:

> andrey mirtchovski writes:
> > I really don't know about p9p. Russ maintains it, but he appears busy.
> > Perhaps ask him for a commit status or just fork it :)
>
> Do we really need yet *another* fork?

Russ Cox

Sep 19, 2019, 12:32:25 PM9/19/19
to Andrey Mirtchovski, Dan Cross, Lyndon Nerenberg, plan9port-dev
Dan Cross offered off-list to review and merge pull requests, so I've added him to the project. I also added you, Andrey, in case you want to do that too. :-)

Please keep the usual "programname: describe change" 1-line header in commit messages, and please use "squash and merge" to keep the commit history linear. Thanks for the help everyone!

Best,
Russ

andrey mirtchovski

Sep 19, 2019, 12:34:12 PM9/19/19
to Russ Cox, Dan Cross, Lyndon Nerenberg, plan9port-dev
Thank you!

Lyndon Nerenberg

Sep 19, 2019, 4:47:17 PM9/19/19
to mirtc...@gmail.com, plan9port-dev
andrey mirtchovski writes:
> I really don't know about p9p. Russ maintains it, but he appears busy.
> Perhaps ask him for a commit status or just fork it :)

Ethan Gardener

Sep 22, 2019, 7:47:39 AM9/22/19
to plan9p...@googlegroups.com
You know, I don't see many active forks any more. In the p9p space, front9port has little activity and 9base ceased updates years ago, leaving only plan9port and frontbase. The *base projects have a rather different focus to p9p anyway.

hiro

Sep 22, 2019, 10:24:48 AM9/22/19
to eek...@fastmail.fm, plan9p...@googlegroups.com
huh, frontbase never had any updates, or am i missing anything?
you mean plan9port and 9base, right?
9base is used by many people who want a minimal environment to run
werc for their websites.
> --
>
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/plan9port-dev/4f3b1a08-319e-443f-97f5-4cf0173e1933%40www.fastmail.com.

Ethan Gardener

Sep 28, 2019, 1:40:07 PM9/28/19
to hiro, plan9p...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Sep 22, 2019, at 3:24 PM, hiro wrote:
> huh, frontbase never had any updates, or am i missing anything?

*check check* Huh! You're right. Guess I overlooked something when I checked the other day.