PGXN Client 1.3 released

Daniele Varrazzo

Sep 20, 2019, 4:08:07 PM9/20/19
to PGXN Users
I have finally released a new major version of the PGXN Client

- Use https by default to access the PGXN API.
- Dropped support for Python < 2.7 and Python 3 < 3.4.
- Logging information emitted on stderr instead of stdout.
- Exit with nonzero return code after command line parsing errors (ticket #23).
- Don't fail if some directories in the ``PATH`` are not readable (ticket #24).
- Don't file emitting non-ascii chars with stdout redirected (ticket #26).
- Fixed parsing of server version numbers with PostgreSQL beta versions
  (ticket #29).
- Use six to make the codebase portable between Python 2 and 3.

Cheers,

-- Daniele

David E. Wheeler

Sep 20, 2019, 9:29:15 PM9/20/19
to pgxn-...@googlegroups.com
Ooh, nice, thank you, Daniele! Really appreciate the work you’ve done on the client; makes it super nice to install PGXN extensions.

Best,

David

signature.asc

David E. Wheeler

Sep 20, 2019, 10:04:15 PM9/20/19
to pgxn-...@googlegroups.com
On Sep 20, 2019, at 21:29, David E. Wheeler <da...@justatheory.com> wrote:

> Ooh, nice, thank you, Daniele! Really appreciate the work you’ve done on the client; makes it super nice to install PGXN extensions.

I installed it with `sudo pip install pgxnclient` but get an error, sadly:

> pgxn install semver
ERROR: unexpected error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pgxnclient/cli.py", line 63, in script
main(args)
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pgxnclient/cli.py", line 31, in main
parser = get_option_parser()
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pgxnclient/commands/__init__.py", line 84, in get_option_parser
clss = [cls for cls in CommandType.subclasses if cls.name]
AttributeError: type object 'NewBase' has no attribute ‘name’

What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

David

signature.asc