Windows 2012 logs missing

Rashad Mogsi

Jun 17, 2020, 9:15:30 AM6/17/20
to ossec-list
i have installed OSSEM Server on Esxi and i can't receve any logs form the Windows server .
is there any configurations should i do from the OSSEM or from the windows so i can see the logs

any one can answer?

dan (ddp)

Jun 17, 2020, 9:19:29 AM6/17/20
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 9:15 AM Rashad Mogsi <rashad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i have installed OSSEM Server on Esxi and i can't receve any logs form the Windows server .
> is there any configurations should i do from the OSSEM or from the windows so i can see the logs

OSSEM or OSSEC? I can't help you with OSSEM.
If you're using OSSEC, did you install the agent software on the Windows host?
Did you add the agent to the OSSEC server?

> any one can answer?
>
> --
>
> ---

Rashad Mogsi

Jun 17, 2020, 9:26:31 AM6/17/20
to ossec-list
first thx for the replay
and i did install the ossec-hids -agent and its active on the ossem server.
so i cant receive any logs in the OSSEM WEB.
so i want to know how to change refresh rate of reciving logs from the server to WEB interface GUI.

Thank you again for your attention .

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 6:19:29 AM UTC-7, dan (ddpbsd) wrote:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 9:15 AM Rashad Mogsi <rashad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i have installed OSSEM Server on Esxi and i can't receve any logs form the Windows server .
> is there any configurations should i do from the OSSEM or from the windows so i can see the logs

OSSEM or OSSEC? I can't help you with OSSEM.
If you're using OSSEC, did you install the agent software on the Windows host?
Did you add the agent to the OSSEC server?

> any one can answer?
>
> --
>
> ---

dan (ddp)

Jun 17, 2020, 11:03:11 AM6/17/20
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 9:26 AM Rashad Mogsi <rashad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> first thx for the replay
> and i did install the ossec-hids -agent and its active on the ossem server.
> so i cant receive any logs in the OSSEM WEB.
> so i want to know how to change refresh rate of reciving logs from the server to WEB interface GUI.

You can check the /var/ossec/logs/alerts.log file on the OSSEC server
to see if the agent is triggering alerts.
If you turn on the logall option on the OSSEC server, you can check
/var/ossec/logs/archives/archives.log to make sure the agent is
sending logs to the OSSEC server.
I don't know enough about OSSEM to help with that though.

> Thank you again for your attention .
>
> On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 6:19:29 AM UTC-7, dan (ddpbsd) wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 9:15 AM Rashad Mogsi <rashad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > i have installed OSSEM Server on Esxi and i can't receve any logs form the Windows server .
>> > is there any configurations should i do from the OSSEM or from the windows so i can see the logs
>> >

>> OSSEM or OSSEC? I can't help you with OSSEM.
>> If you're using OSSEC, did you install the agent software on the Windows host?
>> Did you add the agent to the OSSEC server?
>>
>> > any one can answer?
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > ---

> ---

Rashad Mogsi

Jun 18, 2020, 3:05:32 AM6/18/20
to ossec-list
 I will keep trying maybe i can find the solution for it
and thank you for your time