Does OsmAnd allow to share custom PoIs map with contacts ?

Tiana Lemesle

Aug 15, 2020, 7:43:09 AM8/15/20
to OsmAnd

Helmut Jarausch

Aug 16, 2020, 9:01:47 AM8/16/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, if this is a dump question - I haven't found an answer by googling.
I have downloaded a map for a small region from BBBike.org.
This map covers the same region as one of OSMAnd's official maps.
When I am at a location which is present in both maps, which map will be displayed?
How can I change the 'priority' of maps.
Many thanks for a hint
Helmut

Everton Hermann

Aug 16, 2020, 9:14:07 AM8/16/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
You can use the bbbike map as an overlay. It will show when a available otherwise it will show the default map

Bart Eisenberg

Aug 16, 2020, 11:23:04 AM8/16/20
to OsmAnd
The priority is determined by whether you display the layer as an Overlay map or an Underlay map.  In either case, you can also blend the two by enabling "Show transparency seekbar".  The seekbar is light blue and shows at the bottom of the screen.

(Regarding the query that's the title of this thread, I don't understand the question.)

Helmut Jarausch

Aug 16, 2020, 2:25:23 PM8/16/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I think I'm missing much more.
I have copied the, say, New.obf file to OSMAnd's folder. It is visible under "local maps" but I have not found a means to configure it as an overlay or something else.
So, what do I have to do after the new .obf is copied into place.
Thanks for your patience
Helmut

Bart Eisenberg

Aug 16, 2020, 2:45:46 PM8/16/20
to OsmAnd
Is it listed at Configure map > Overlay map (or Underlay map) > On ?

Helmut Jarausch

Aug 16, 2020, 3:08:24 PM8/16/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I can't find this options.
If I select 'configure map' I get a list of profiles. Please look at the attached screenshot

Screenshot_OsmAnd.jpg

Bart Eisenberg

Aug 16, 2020, 5:21:58 PM8/16/20
to OsmAnd
I'm not sure.  Here they are on he on the English version, partially scrolled:
Screenshot_20200816-141900.png

Helmut Jarausch

Aug 17, 2020, 8:19:34 AM8/17/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I don't have these items and I think this is because there are no files in the
<osmand>/files/tiles folder.
My map is an obf file and files in the tiles folder are sqlite db files.
So my question remains :
If there are more than one obf files in the  <osmand>/files folder containing the same location, which map (obf file) gets precedence?
Thanks Helmut

Pere Pujal i Carabantes

Aug 17, 2020, 9:19:23 AM8/17/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
El dl. 17 de 08 de 2020 a les 14:19 +0200, en/na Helmut Jarausch va
escriure:
> I don't have these items and I think this is because there are no files in the
> <osmand>/files/tiles folder.
> My map is an obf file and files in the tiles folder are sqlite db files.
> So my question remains :
> If there are more than one obf files in the <osmand>/files folder containing the same location, which map (obf file) gets precedence?
> Thanks Helmut

If I remember correctly, somebody in this group pointed that both maps
are combined and shown toghether, things may have changed since some
years ago, or my memory is failing me, or whatever.

Having 2 or more maps covering the same area was discouraged at those
times as the program has to double the processing effort, it might make
sense for your case in of a very small(and detailed) map doubling just
a small area of a broather map.

About the overlay options not appearing, you must have the online maps
plugin activated in order to make them appear, even if you have them
already on your phone.

HTH
Pere

Helmut Jarausch

Aug 17, 2020, 9:42:15 AM8/17/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, now there these over-/underlay buttons.
But there my .obf file is not visible (as expected).
In my case, the new map has only 4Mb and covers are small region which is also covered by a 200Mb standard map.
Thanks a lot
Helmut

Pere Pujal i Carabantes

Aug 17, 2020, 10:02:47 AM8/17/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
El dl. 17 de 08 de 2020 a les 15:41 +0200, en/na Helmut Jarausch va
escriure:
> Thanks, now there these over-/underlay buttons.
> But there my .obf file is not visible (as expected).
> In my case, the new map has only 4Mb and covers are small region which is also covered by a 200Mb standard map.
> Thanks a lot
> Helmut

yw, BTW, you could try to temporary deactivate any map, so you could
see each of them alone in the same area and compare by yourself.

HTH
Pere

Helmut Jarausch

Aug 17, 2020, 11:35:41 AM8/17/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.
I wished OSMAnd had an option to specify 'priorities'.
If à location is contained in more than one map, the map with highest priority is used.
Helmut