OSM+ bug: position still misplaced far from the centre

Martin Trautmann

Dec 9, 2022, 1:37:24 PM12/9/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I just updated to Osmand+ 4.3.2

The release note claims that they had fixed the position.

I don't know what the fix was - but when I want to see my actual
position, it is not aligned to the centre of the screen, but it is far
below to the bottom edge. I'd assume it's about 1/6th below and 5/6th above.

Am I the only one with that trouble? Is it a Xiaomi problem?

It was ok at the beginning, became broken some weeks ago and still was
not fixed by the latest update.

Schönen Gruß
Martin

Tom Crocker

Dec 9, 2022, 2:48:59 PM12/9/22
to OsmAnd
They have changed the behaviour of where your position is displayed so this might be why.
If you go to settings, your profile, general settings, display position can be central or bottom.
It used to be that this would still only display position at bottom for certain orientation settings (movement/compass direction), i.e. it would still be centered for north. I'm not convinced this was the right decision but does it explain your problem?

Hope it helps

Tom Crocker

Martin Trautmann

Dec 10, 2022, 3:24:44 AM12/10/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Solved - it was just a misconfiguration which I never remember to have
changed it.