trying to get opencog dependencies, unable to get some?

Cryogenox

Oct 14, 2019, 3:40:36 PM10/14/19
to opencog
Hai, I'm new here. Hope someone can help me out with a thingy. kind of nervous but hey I'm going to say something stupid sooner or later anyways so might as well jump into it. Feel like everyone here is an actual professional.

So, the sitsh. I got a pc with a VM with Ubuntu. Fired that baby up, opened the terminal, nyoomed my fingers over it like Chopin on XTC, and everything goes well. Untill its time to install opencog dependencies with octool. See atachments.

My question is: is there a workaround or something? Does it have to do with me using a virtual machine or are we all waiting on that? I'd like to know because I already signed up as a sad waiting person with like three other things and with five I plan on buying myself the fancy wine.

Hope somebody has answers. Excuse possible mistakes english is not really my first language.

-Cryo
Exhibit A.png
Exhibit B.png
Exhibit C.png

Vitaly Bogdanov

Oct 14, 2019, 5:02:01 PM10/14/19
to opencog
Hi Cryogenox,

Which version of Ubuntu do you have?
You can try 'sudo apt-get update' before octool.

Best regards,
Vitaly

Nil Geisweiller

Oct 15, 2019, 12:25:25 AM10/15/19
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cryo,

"like Chopin on XTC" => :-D

Strange that you don't seem to have boost, so yes what is your version
of ubuntu?

Also, you don't necessarily need to use octool. If you just start with
the atomspace, all you need is boost and guile, I think, not sure. That
is what I would recommend, play with the pattern matcher (look at the
examples folder of the atomspace repo). That's a good way to start, then
you can move on to move exotic things.

Nil