Proposal to remove xliff compare integration tests ...

Skip to the first unread message

jim

5 Nov 2021, 15:42:5405/11/2021
to Group: okapi-devel
Since we have agreed that each Okapi release does not have to preserve
backwards compatibility I recommend we delete our xliff comparison
tests. They are a pain to update and I don't think they provide much in
the way of testing. Since the other tests have been beefed up they
should catch any major problems.

Thoughts?

Jim

Chase Tingley

6 Nov 2021, 00:52:3006/11/2021
to okapi...@googlegroups.com
My main reservation is that they have definitely caught cases where we changed extraction behavior in ways that we didn’t intend to. As much of a nuisance as they are, I do feel like we’ve caught bugs that way.

jim

7 Nov 2021, 13:37:0507/11/2021
to okapi...@googlegroups.com, Chase Tingley
I wonder if there is an easier way to test this vs having the code run through hundreds of similar files. Maybe we can handcraft one or two uber files per format?

I'm also eager to move away from xliff 1.2 as a pivot format as it won't support everything in xliff 2.0.

Topic for a biweekly meeting discussion.

cheers,

Jim