Japanese homemade Nixie tubes

jb-electronics

Aug 2, 2019, 10:02:28 AM8/2/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hey friends,

I cannot believe I have missed out for so long, but check out this
fellow here: https://twitter.com/yuna_digick

A lot of seemingly very high quality "homemade" Nixie tubes! Quite amazing!

Best wishes
Jens

Kevin A.

Aug 2, 2019, 4:58:24 PM8/2/19
to neonixie-l
I would love to buy some of his tubes!

Kevin A.

Aug 4, 2019, 10:24:28 PM8/4/19
to neonixie-l
Interesting video I found while digging around Japanese twitter on nixie tube related posts: CD27's (BIG tubes) used in some sort of sign.

Kevin A.

Aug 4, 2019, 10:26:33 PM8/4/19
to neonixie-l
And another japanese guy's google album where he makes a mini version of the same sign! https://get.google.com/albumarchive/107684854407435333810/album/AF1QipPlg_drxDBLgDzbeg8OvQsGJJxrqvkcpBRZ0e77?feat=directlink

【ツ】John Smout

Aug 4, 2019, 11:59:42 PM8/4/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Nicholas Stock

Aug 5, 2019, 12:07:18 AM8/5/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Wow. Simply wow.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 4, 2019, at 20:59, 【ツ】John Smout <j...@jsdesign.co.uk> wrote:

<jap2.jpg>

<jap1.jpg>

Mahdi Al Husseini

Aug 5, 2019, 12:09:46 AM8/5/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
That’s incredible

Nicholas Stock

Aug 5, 2019, 12:20:23 AM8/5/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
About $1K just in IN13’s by the looks of it!

Sent from my iPhone

jb-electronics

Aug 5, 2019, 2:05:03 AM8/5/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Wow, this looks great! Are there any more pictures?

Cheers
Jens

Paul Andrews

Aug 5, 2019, 5:08:49 AM8/5/19
to neonixie-l

> On Sunday, August 4, 2019 at 10:24:28 PM UTC-4, Kevin A. wrote:
> Interesting video I found while digging around Japanese twitter on nixie tube related posts: CD27's (BIG tubes) used in some sort of sign.
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=trU-UZBoL00

It is the countdown clock in the JAXA press room. It was still in use in 2012. http://ima.hatenablog.jp/entries/2012/07/21

Kevin A.

Oct 25, 2019, 12:16:54 AM10/25/19
to neonixie-l
Looks like theres been quite a bit of activity on his twitter.

I think he's making a new tube which is usb powered and has an integrated boost converter for generating high voltage in the base of the tube. Really neat stuff; hope he releases it as a finished product in the foreseeable future!

1.PNG

jb-electronics

Oct 25, 2019, 12:25:32 AM10/25/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Jens

On 2019-10-24 10:16 p.m., Kevin A. wrote:
Looks like theres been quite a bit of activity on his twitter.

I think he's making a new tube which is usb powered and has an integrated boost converter for generating high voltage in the base of the tube. Really neat stuff; hope he releases it as a finished product in the foreseeable future!

Kevin A.

Oct 25, 2019, 12:28:40 AM10/25/19
to neonixie-l
Awesome! Please let us know where to find them when it's released.

jb-electronics

Oct 25, 2019, 1:01:32 AM10/25/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
If I see them for sale I will let you know!

Jens

Paolo Cravero

Sep 9, 2022, 1:34:42 PM9/9/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
I'm reviving this thread since "yuna" (Yuna Digick) was at Tokyo Maker Faire last weekend (September 2022, https://makezine.jp/event/makers-mft2022/m0088/) showing her/his/their tubes. There is also an extensive photo collection of yuna work: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOLmA7GLNbKZlk8lZF8HnLJIP8VZPCEYdJzQkDdVyh54iPUZzG_vjyeV9Ap8Bxz4w?key=VFVmSUN4eTA4MkZlS1VmRHk3dlBMdHZXb09HYVp3 .

I got it over my twitter feed and cross-checked with neonixie archives.

The text can be translated with online tools, even thought there isn't much documentation.

Paolo

Ian Vine

Sep 10, 2022, 4:05:12 AM9/10/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Fabulous photos. You can see the journey.

IanV